Days: TBD - based on business needs
Hiring rate or hiring range: Based on qualifications
Develop relationships with Community members, employees and team members and provide expertise in the area of meal preparation, healthy cooking options and preparation of traditional native foods. Plan, designs and delivers a wide range of cooking based programs for SMSC Community members, employees and their families. Provide expertise in the areas of proper sanitation, safety procedures, nutritious menu development and planning. Follow and ensure all food safety guidelines are met. Design and implement programming which supports the Health and Wellness as well as organizational mission and values.
Assists in preparing and maintaining program budget.
- Develop relationships with Community members, employees and team members. Consult with SMSC Community members, employees and team members, providing expertise in meal preparation, healthy cooking options and preparation of traditional native foods.
- Plans, designs and delivers a wide range of cooking based programs for Community members, employees and their families. Provide instruction on techniques to stay on track with nutritional plan. Coordinate and deliver established nutrition education training programs in response to nutritional needs. Serve as a resource on nutrition.
- Periodically evaluates the program to assess participation levels, participant satisfaction, changes in behavior and health indicators, and overall effectiveness of program.
- Create exiting menus and tastings.
- Maintains and ensures work areas are safe, clean and have appropriately functioning equipment.
- Follows and monitors monthly budget for cost of goods. Works with director to develop yearly budget. Makes changes, as needed, to stay within budget.
- Complies with HIPAA rules and maintains all patient information confidentially and securely.
- Bachelor's degree in food science, culinary, nutrition, or a related area
- One to three years of culinary experience
- Working knowledge of food safety standards, preparations, menu planning, inventory and ordering programs.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good computer skills to include MS Word, Excel, and Outlook, as well as other business related software as needed.
- Must hold and maintain Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification. If not CPR certified upon hire, must obtain certification within 90 days of employment.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.