Director Logistics - Middle Mile Operations
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Role Summary: The Director Logistics-Middle Mile Operations will report to the Senior Director-Outbound Transportation. Middle mile is defined as movement of goods between Target owned nodes or from guests back to a Target owned node. The preferred candidate will have a history of team leadership as well as operational experience within distribution, logistics, or transportation. This role will be responsible for developing a team to drive operational excellence across the entire middle mile topology. The candidate will lead across the entire middle mile operations sector to include forecasting and analysis, flexible format/unique format transportation strategy development, project management/consultation on middle mile transportation impacts, reverse logistics transportation and 3PL ownership, as well as leading a cross-functional relationship between store operations, field logistics and our store transportation support team. Responsibilities will include over 750,000 loads annually and an operational budget responsibility of over $500M. They will assist operational senior leadership in determining various strategies to achieve enterprise KPIs and will consult on appropriate operational solutions to drive efficiencies and cost reduction across transportation. They will provide consultation and strategic leadership and support to field logistics teams in regards to process governance, process improvement, and to ensure adherance to all compliance and regulations. They will drive a team culture centered on root cause problem solving and continuous improvement methodology to increase the long-term performance of the Global Inventory Management (GIM) organization. Primary responsibilities of this role would include:
- Lead team to achieve operational KPIs, support our field logistics partners, and drive continuous improvement of current middle mile transportation strategy and utilization of assets.
- Analytical and technical acumen to understand potential solutions to develop sustainable strategies.
- Root cause analysis and problem solving.
- Strong collaboration, coaching and influencing skills.
- Project management experience.
- Critical thinking-ability to brainstorm on complex problems and leverage thought leadership to provide solutions.
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple work groups within the enterprise and represent transportation interests to ensure strategies are best for the guest.
- Strong communication skills-ability to draft narratives, frame problem statements, present in a variety of different settings to teams and senior leadership.