Doherty Staffing has teamed with a local company that designs and manufactures custom window and door products in their search for a Project Engineer in St. Cloud, MN. This is a Direct Hire position with initial screening by Doherty. Starting salary is $60,000-$70,000 based on experience and skillset.
The Project Engineer works with the Engineering Manager to provide engineering service and support for all departments in the organization, including Sales and Estimating, Marketing, Production and Project Management, in addition to those projects initiated within the Engineering department.
PROJECT ENGINEER RESPONSIBILITIES
* Manage all aspects of implementing the timely launch of new products to assure that the BOM is complete, part numbers are defined and made available to the Estimating, Purchasing and Project Management [Layout] Departments; manufacturing formulas are complete, precise and verified; and, prototypes and mock-ups are fabricated to validate the product prior to release for production.
* Supervise testing of products in both laboratory and field to verify performance and maintain a data base of all results in a well-organized repository for the use of all authorized personnel.
* Assist Sales and Estimating by assessing custom project design requirements, project scope, and project performance requirements and determine feasibility prior to the Estimating Department issuing a proposal.
* Support the Project Management Department by determining product design and performance compliance, including coordination of structural considerations and calculations, and determine a schedule for fulfilling engineering requirements within the context of the project plan prior to publication and during execution.
* Provide Project Management and customers with technical guidance, assess special conditions and resolve performance issues in the field.
* Support the Production Department with the implementation of tooling and fixtures required for custom modifications of existing products, new products, and hardware applications, specific to contracts in process.
* Support the Marketing Department to insure that product catalogues and other collateral are up to date.
* Assist the Engineering Manager as assigned in all aspects of the duties of the Engineering Department.
* Prepare project status reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data and recommending actions.
* Adhere to, and abide by the SCW Values proposition.
PROJECT ENGINEER REQUIREMENTS
* Proficient in AutoCAD, SolidWorks, 3D Modeling/Simulation, 3-D printing, MS Project, MS Office Suite
* 4-year Degree in Civil, Mechanical, Structural or Manufacturing Engineering from an accredited institution
* Ability to read and understand architectural drawings, construction details and product specifications
* Understands basic calculations for physical structural analysis
* Demonstrated design, research and analytical skills
* Proficient in technical writing
* Strong collaborative and communication skills, both verbal and written
* 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment with at least 1 year of supervisory experience
* Demonstrated project leadership experience
* Experience in the architectural, commercial window, and/or commercial construction a plus
To submit yourself as a candidate or to inquire about the Project Engineer position, please contact the Doherty Recruiter at 218-470-0274. You may also apply online at www.doherty.jobs/apply or submit a resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Download our mobile app for iOS & Android | www.doherty.jobs/app