Days: TBD - based on business needs
Hiring rate or hiring range: $14.50 - $16.50 / hr based on qualifications
Supervises laundry department for Hotel and Food and Beverage operations. Ensures that linens for the Hotel and the Food and Beverage operations are laundered, mended, and delivered.
Works to control labor costs and expenses. Maintains inventory, purchase requisitions, and equipment.
- Schedules employees, according to staffing and occupancy.
- Interviews, hires, and promotes employees. Provides on-going training and development and completes performance reviews on direct reports.
- Assigns daily work duties to staff and monitors their performance for accuracy and safety while operating machines and equipment for processing work.
- Personally performs laundry duties, i. e., wash, dry, and fold. Responsible for accurately operating and processing all laundry equipment for each type of linen processed.
- Informs employees of policy and procedure changes and gains compliance.
- Provides inventory control for the Hotel linen and Dakotah! Sport and Fitness towels. Fills out purchase requisitions for linens.
- Works closely with Housekeeping on prioritizing and expediting what linen is needed on a daily basis. Coordinates with Housekeeping on the processing of new linens, and develops the procedure for processing them.
- High School or GED
- Any combination of supervisory, and industrial laundry experience to equal three years.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Basic Computer Skills-Keyboarding and Software
- Valid driver's license may be required with a good driving record.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs for 60% of shift.
- On feet or standing 95% of shift.