Support manufacturing needs by creating CNC Programs and Supporting Documentation to manufacture parts that meet or exceed Talon Innovations quality requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate the ability to write and edit CNC programs for CNC equipment using computer aided manufacturing (CAM) software
- Analyze drawings, specifications, work orders to determine best tooling and machining process that meets all specifications of the part
- Select tooling speeds and feeds for optimized tool life and program efficiency
- Define setup requirements including proper work holding, tooling, and tool holders
- Support manufacturing requirements from a CNC programming support standpoint
- Work as a team member to aid others in upholding and maintaining departmental standards including quality goals and on-time delivery goals
- Ability to perform a sequence of operations, consistently maintaining the performance level set for quality and quantity
- Execute to all of Talon's Standard Operating Procedures as they pertain to manufacturing related duties
- Demonstrate the ability to trouble shoot machining problems fast and efficiently, cooperating with additional resources from additional areas, such as operations and engineering staff
- Continuously improve job knowledge by participating in educational classes; reading technical publications, and cross-training
- Collaboration with team members and help develop the Talon team
- Other duties as assigned
- 2.5+ years of machining and manufacturing experience with CNC machines
- 1+ years of CNC programming experience with Mastercam or Esprit
- Understanding of cutting tool selection and application
- Understanding of machine and work holding working
- General exposure to CNC machines
- Basic machine shop math and math for machining
- Blueprint reading and GD&T understanding
- Mechanical reasoning
- Positive upbeat can-do attitude
- General PC skills
Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
This position will work mainly in an office area, with some interaction in the production area. The environment is generally, clean, bright, and fast paced
- Sitting - Frequently
- Bending and twisting - Occasionally
- Lifting 1 - 10 lbs. - Occasionally
- Lifting up to 25 lbs. - Occasionally
- Lifting up to 50 lbs. - Rarely
- Use of close vision (Computer) - Frequently
- Use of hands/fingers (Typing) - Frequently
This position does not have direct reports.
Talon Innovations provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Talon Innovations will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.