Admission Counselor - College for Women
St. Catherine University, St. Paul, invites applications for a full-time position in its Office of Admission in the College for Women. The qualified candidate will represent St. Catherine University to prospective College for Women students and their families and assist the Admissions team in reaching its recruitment goals.
Founded in 1905, St. Catherine University offers the broadest range of academic programs and degrees among Minnesota's private colleges and universities. A dynamic university for women and men with an innovative college for women at its heart, St. Catherine has a long tradition of excellence in liberal arts, professional studies and healthcare. The University enrolls approximately 5,000 students on two campuses and offers associate, baccalaureate and graduate degrees and a variety of certificates. St. Kate's has an unwavering commitment to the education of women, to academic excellence and to providing access to students of all religions and beliefs whatever their cultural heritage or social background.
• Counseling, advising and recruiting students.
• Managing a specific geographic territory.
• Representing the University to various constituents (both individuals and groups).
• Partnering in the development of recruitment goals, plans and strategies.
• Developing new and innovative strategies and programs for attracting students with the academic credentials and socioeconomic characteristics the University seeks to enroll.
• Coordination and execution of group campus visit programs and presentations. Other duties based on experience and interests.
• Bachelor's Degree required.
• Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to plan and conduct small and large group presentations/programs.
• Self-motivated and independent worker.
• Ability to work and travel evenings and weekends; Must be flexible, positive, and team-oriented.
• Candidates must possess a valid driver's license.
• Genuine interest and/or experience in interacting with a diverse population of students and parents.
• Admission and or higher education interest and experience as well as the ability to work creatively and efficiently, both independently and as part of a team preferred.
The incumbent must have the ability to respond respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures, in a manner that affirms the worth and preserves the dignity of individuals, families and communities as well as possess an understanding of and appreciation for the mission of the University.Special/Other Requirements Summary To Apply: Please visit the St. Catherine University Employment Site to apply for this position. That link can be found here: http://www.stkate.edu/hr. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply as are those who will contribute to a diverse candidate pool. Requisition number is #20170075-Staff. Applicants may also visit the St. Catherine University Human Resources office to submit an electronic application. We are located in Derham Hall, Room 8. Application deadline is August 19, 2017.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer; Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our University is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org