7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
St. Catherine University, St. Paul campus, has a full-time opening in the Facilities Management Department for a Carpenter.
The carpenter position exists at St. Catherine University to assist the Facilities Management Department in the maintenance of the interior and exterior of all campus buildings and facilities, as well as for the construction of new facilities where the institution has a need. The Carpenter will be responsible for directing the work of student workers (work study) when assigned. The Carpenter may also be asked to demonstrate proper procedures to new employees. Responsibilities include light carpentry repairs, operating power tools and assisting in campus remodeling and improvement projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Project carpentry, demolition, framing, drywall.
• Lock repair, re-cores, rekeying; Window and door repair, glass replacement.
• Ceramic repair, tile work, re-caulking; Cabinet construction/repair of existing cabinetry.
• Exterior/interior wall, ceiling, flooring, roofing and gutter maintenance and repair.
• Furniture assembly, picture, chalkboard, whiteboard hanging.
• Project maintenance of dorm rooms and apartments.
• Nameplate fabrication/installation.
• Assistance of paint, engineering, or electrical trades.
• Abide by all University Policies.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Minimum of 1 year of trade school required, 2 years preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge of carpentry, locks, sequences of jobs. Skilled in the use of power and hand tools, demolition, framing, drywall, finish carpentry and cabinet construction.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs regularly.
• Ability to climb ladders and work from heights.
• Ability to wear a respirator.
• Driver's License with a good driver's record; ability to pass a criminal background check.
• Capable of working indoors and outdoors in extreme temperatures and weather conditions.
• Excellent customer service skills, Good verbal and communication skills.
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org