Sr. Engineering Manager (Point-of-Sale)
As a Sr. Engineering Manager, you will lead an engineering team in an agile environment building solutions. The key to the success of this position is having strong & innovative approach to problem solving, great technical leadership, excellent communication (written and verbal, formal and informal), flexibility, and a self-motivated working style with attention to detail.
The in-Stores Checkout portfolio includes Point-of-Sale System, Self-Checkout, and Mobile Point-of-Sale. The In-store checkout today accounts for all of Target's in-store sales and has direct impact on every guest that shops across Target's 1800+ stores. This portfolio is being rapidly modernized into a micro-service, containerized and cloud enabled architecture - easily extended and integrated with the ecosystem to enable various other use cases of seamless shopping, fulfillment and delivery across physical and digital.
As a Sr. Engineering manager, you'll take the lead as you…
- Develop and own the product in a full-stack ownership model with a DevOps mind-set of stability and security first.
- Manage overall software development cycle, driving best engineering practices. Ensuring development of high quality code with relevant monitoring and logging for strong supportability.
- Build and lead a team of high caliber software development engineers
- Architect and develop the best technical design and approach with high quality
- Embody and further the maturity of the product model and agile mindset
- Drive resolution of technology roadblocks including code, infrastructure, build and deployment while reducing the technical debt.
- Advocate for technologies, frameworks, design patterns, processes and guiding values of the domain architecture
- Ensure all code adheres to all development & security standards while being functionally effective.
- 8+ years of engineering (software development) experience. Experience with at least one full cycle implementation from requirement to production. Experience in building/implementing high performance & scalable server-side applications
- 3+ years of managing software development teams with a strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
- Experience with software test automation, CI/CD pipeline and open source tools.
- Experienced in delivering in an agile and product mindset. DevOps experience is desired.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability. Focus on delivering high quality software and supporting it in production.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to variety of audiences
- Experience with Java, Groovy, Spring Boot, Grails- JVM language and framework
- Familiar with C++ / .NET, SQL and Microsoft tools IaaS and PaaS based development
- Contribute back to the Open Source community
- Extensive experience working in an agile environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, etc.)