Strategy Principal, Enterprise Strategy Development
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
STRATEGY PRINCIPAL, ENTERPRISE STRATEGY DEVELOPMENTSimilar Industry Titles and Key Words: Strategy, Engagement Manager, Case Team Leader, Management Consulting, Retail, Consumer Packaged Goods, e-commerce, Senior AssociateAbout This OpportunityLeading the retail revolution as Target's champions of bold strategic thinking, best-in-class execution, and the most impactful innovation, the Enterprise Strategy team seeks to drive profitable enterprise growth by exploring new opportunities (e.g., markets, formats, channels, and guest segments), driving strategic focus and accountability and transforming Target's business.Leading a team of business strategists, you will apply your strengths in thought leadership (e.g., fact-based and analytical problem-solving; critical and conceptual thinking), passion for innovation and strong leadership presence to shape Target's long-term strategic direction.As a Strategy Principal, you will…
- Lead project teams on strategy consulting-like engagements that identify and seek to harness enterprise or business unit growth opportunities
- Understand retail trends, competitors, and consumers to develop new concepts and businesses that meet future needs in the fast-evolving multi-channel retail landscape, both domestically and abroad
- Build and manage relationships with company executives, influencing decisions in line with business unit and enterprise strategy
- Collaborate cross-functionally and effectively influence without authority to drive business decisions and advance long-term strategic efforts
- Expand the team's knowledge base in one or more focus areas (e.g., functional, innovation, competitive intelligence)
- Coach and develop project team members consisting of ESD (Leads and/ or Sr. Analysts) and other company resources
- Act as member of the Enterprise Strategy Development leadership team, developing Team Members, helping set overall team direction, and representing the team's professional and fun culture
- 4-year college degree as well as post graduate degree (MBA preferred) with a minimum of three years of work experience after graduate school in strategic leadership roles. Equivalent of 5+ years of design experience with strong emphasis on design research, innovation, and experience prototyping in lieu of post graduate degree.
- Prior experience in engagement/ project leadership with a top management or innovation consulting firm (McKinsey, Bain, IDEO, Jump, etc.) or in a Fortune 100-level corporate strategy group.
- Track record of success in dealing effectively with complex projects and teams, including frequent interaction with senior executives
- 2+ years of people management experience required.
- Directly lead and/ or coach teams through a systematic approach to strategic problem solving such as disaggregation, design research, and/ or prototyping methodologies
- Strong conceptual skills, including ability to translate consumer research and observations into actionable opportunities
- Excellent listening and problem disaggregation skills