Employee-Owned. Customer-Driven. Be part of a growing, successful company in an exciting and challenging field. Border States is 100% employee-owned, which means you’re empowered to make decisions, find solutions and receive rewards for your hard work.Responsibilities
- Leads and supervises staff with emphasis on building a strong team in the spirit of the corporate values and culture including coaching, communicating and delegating Responsibilities.
- Establishes and communicates the department or company’s goals, mission, vision and values. Initiates and conducts periodic staff meetings. Conducts one-on-one feedback meetings with staff to ensure employees perform job Responsibilities and meet established goals and the company’s high quality standards.
- Ensures employees are fully trained and qualified to complete their job Responsibilities and adhere to the company’s policies and procedures.
- Develops employees for future possibilities.
- Documents employee performance, disciplinary or any other employment related issues in a timely manner.
- Responsible for hiring activities and termination processes.
- Initiates team building, motivates staff and provides appropriate employee recognition.
- Responsible for the security and maintenance of the building and grounds so that the property is neat and safe within Border States and government standards.
- Responsible for the maintenance and safe operations of all warehouse equipment and vehicles in accordance with Border States, our vendors and government standards.
- Maintains current drivers’ records to satisfy Border States requirements and the requirements of all state and federal regulations. Responsible to make sure all drivers meet commercial driver licensing (CDL) requirements if they drive trucks that weigh more than 26,000 pounds.
- Responsible for performing the appropriate SAP functions to assure warehouse and deliveries run as efficiently and accurately as possible. Responsible for performing the duties of the warehouse associate and may perform the duties of the delivery drivers as needed.
- Leads and coordinates activities associated with our inventory process.
- This position requires the ability to lift over 75 lbs. on an occasional basis, and/or move up to 25 – 50 lbs. on a frequent basis, and/or move up to 0 – 20 lbs. on a constant basis. This position may require constant standing and/or walking and occasional sitting. These physical requirements must be met with or without accommodation.
- Minimum of a two-year business or trade degree preferred, or the equivalent in work experience.
- Prior supervisory experience with a minimum of three years of prior warehouse distribution and/or city desk experience preferred.
- Good knowledge of electrical products or systems preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license to operate company vehicles. Prior experience operating a forklift is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, reading, and customer service skills are preferred with the ability to effectively plan and organize.
- Ability to read, write and speak English preferred.
- Prefer strong working knowledge of PC for Windows, Microsoft Office (Excel and Word), Internet, Email and SAP software
The candidate chosen for this role must be able to work a rotating schedule as follow:
1:00pm-11:30pm Monday - Thursday for 2 weeks
10:00am-7:00pm Monday - Friday for 2 weeks
As a Border States employee-owner, you’re responsible for living our mission, service philosophy and service standards.
Border States provides value to our customers by delivering innovative product and supply chain solutions.
We earn customer loyalty and confidence by caring about their needs and adding value to everything we do.
Border States employee-owners are competent, accurate, responsive, and engaged .
You know the opportunities at BSE are endless. Is this position the next step in your career here? What are you waiting for? Apply today!