IT DESKTOP SUPPORT SPECIALIST
The Office of the Minnesota Attorney General is accepting resumes for a full-time, onsite IT Desktop Support Specialist to provide technical support for end-users on LAN-based workstations, laptops, printers, and peripherals. In this position, you have the opportunity to be part of an office that makes a difference every day in the lives of Minnesota citizens.
Responsibilities: You will join a dedicated group of IT professionals that work to support all system devices and applications used by the Office. Primary responsibilities include installing and servicing devices including workstations, laptops, printers, and scanners. You will work directly with help desk staff and end-users to resolve reported problems through a ticketing system. Additionally, you will configure, maintain, and deploy a variety of software applications. You will also be responsible for tracking assets and performing inventory of hardware devices.
This position allows you to work with a wide variety of applications and tools including Symantec Ghost, Microsoft Office products, Philips Transcription, Stedman’s Medical Dictionary, ScandAll Pro, and other applications needed by office personnel.
Required Technical Skills:
- Technical degree in computer science or related discipline with at least two years related experience
- Install, configure, deploy, and maintain hardware, software, and their updates
- Perform workstation imaging to ensure compliance with security practices
- Prepare laptops and other equipment for use at trial or by field investigators
- Ability to manage multiple, competing projects and demands
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Be detail-oriented, and have a strong work ethic
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This is a full-time, onsite position with full benefits. Additionally, your employment with the office may make you eligible to have your student loans forgiven after a period of service and payments. (For more information, visit www.studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service.)
Please express your interest in the position by submitting a cover letter and resume that includes relevant experience and education as follows:
Office of the Minnesota Attorney General
Attention: June Walsh
445 Minnesota Street, Suite 900
St. Paul, MN 55101
The Minnesota Attorney General is an equal opportunity employer. If you need reasonable accommodation for a disability, please call June Walsh at (651) 757-1199 or (651) 297-7206 (TTY), or 800-366-4812 (TTY toll free) to arrange an accommodation.