We have an exciting opportunity for a Civil/Structural Engineer to join our team. This position will partner with and support sales, design, purchasing, manufacturing, installation, and service of GFS’s product by performing the following duties: Job duties:
• Analyzing and designing various configurations of the basic structural members and components of a spray booths, ovens, pre-treatment washers, and related finishing systems using computers and computer-aided design (CAD) technology.
• Calculating the pressures, stresses and strains using elastic theory and/or finite element analysis for what structural members and other components will experience from other parts of the structure due to human use, supporting equipment, and environmental pressures such as weather or earthquakes;
• Applying knowledge of appropriate codes (e.g. ASCE 7, IBC 2012, NBCC 2010) that satisfy the local building departments and jurisdictions;
• Providing clear communication to the design group of engineering results and supporting documentation on safe designs and their fit with the aesthetic concept of the design specifications;
• Assisting sales with preliminary concepts and designs on quotes and project specifications;
• Supporting customer service and project management groups when questions or issues arise on-site or in the field;
• Performing research and development tasks to value engineer standard products and introduce new products to the market
• A four-year degree in Civil Engineering or similar field is required
• 1-3 years related experience; specific experience in steel design or metal buildings is preferable
• PE licensure is a plus
We offer a competitive wage based on experience and performance as well as a generous incentive plan. We also offer a comprehensive benefits plan, which includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, 401K, and profit sharing.
Careers at Global Finishing Solutions Recognized worldwide, Global Finishing Solutions (GFS) is the leading manufacturer of paint booths and finishing systems for a wide variety of industries — including automotive collision repair, aviation, industrial manufacturing, marine, military and defense, rail and transit, trucking and wood finishing. Our strength is in custom building finishing equipment to meet the unique needs of each customer. From sales and engineering to marketing and manufacturing, this variety of work makes our jobs exciting. We believe that every employee ‘makes their mark’ on a company. A rapidly growing business, we are continuously seeking candidates to fill both new and vacation positions in. Join us and see how you can make your mark.