Data Systems Coordinator
Data Systems Coordinator (Job#2017-07)
DEPARTMENT: Field Services
SUPERVISOR: Manager of Field Services
LOCATION: St. Paul Office
HOURS/STATUS: Full Time / Non-exempt
EMPLOYEE GROUP: United Staff of Minnesota (USM)
PROBATIONARY PERIOD: 9 months
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Under the direction of the Manager of Field, the Data Systems Coordinator provides technical support for the administration of NEA 360, VAN, mini-VAN, CVENT and assists with the data entry and maintenance as an integral member of the data collection team. This is a technical position that provides direct support to the data team, membership department, and the Managers of Field Services, by providing clerical assistance and other support as needed to further initiatives of Education Minnesota.
MAJOR FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Key point of contact for the systems support of Education Minnesota’s data management software(s); NEA 360, IMS, VAN, mini-VAN and CVENT
- Work as a member of the data collection team providing support to ensure data accuracy.
- Coordinate with vendors, internal departments and staff to assist with the collection, administration and support of various data systems.
- Assist with overall organization and day-to-day functions of the department.
- Participate in projects, duties, and other administrative tasks assigned by management.
- Other duties of the like or similar nature and the associated responsibilities as assigned by the department director.
- Education Minnesota leaders/members AFL-CIO, AFT and NEA staff
- Governmental agencies and officials Vendors
- Education Minnesota staff at all levels General public
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with Education Minnesota members, staff, associates, affiliates, vendors (NEA, CVENT etc.), and the general public.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to utilize the full functionality of data management systems including data entry, reporting and data transfers to other systems.
- Good communication, telephone, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access software.
- Proficiency in setting up and assisting with web meeting technology.
- Positive attitude exemplifying the values of belonging to Education Minnesota.
- Ability to understand and effectively carry out complex verbal and written directions, follow through on projects, administer programs, and make decisions as required.
- Ability to use good judgment when making decisions.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to be a key player of a team environment in order to accomplish objectives and goals while meeting numerous deadlines.
- Good record keeping, spelling, grammar, and reading skills.
- Ability to perform multiple functions simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail.
The ability to handle private and confidential information and exercise discretion.
- Three (3) years of experience providing technical support, database maintenance or an associate degree in technical support or related field or equivalent post-secondary education.
- Intermediate level proficiency in MS Office applications with emphasis on: Excel, Word, Access and Outlook.
- One (1) year experience providing general office support.
- Prior experience working on a data support team.
- Data systems conversion or prior experience in data quality management.
Willingness to work overtime as needed. Some travel and overnight stays required.
EDUCATION MINNESOTA IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the following is provided: the position requires use of clear and articulate speech; ability to read and comprehend written and oral directions; ability to effectively deal with tight deadlines; sitting for long periods, stooping, bending, reaching and standing for long periods; repetitive movement with hands and wrists; use of computer keyboard; and carrying materials (consistently up to 25 lb. and occasionally up to 50 lb.).
For best consideration, apply online; include a resume, by 11:59 PM on August 31, 2017.
Please apply online at: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=15626451
41 SHERBURNE AVENUE