Director of Career Development
The MCAD Career Development Office works collaboratively across the college to provide students and alumni with career integration opportunities and employment consultation as well as to promote enriching external opportunities and visibility in creative industries.
Founded in 1886, the Minneapolis College of Art and Design is a private, nonprofit teaching institution located in the Twin Cities, Minnesota. Dedicated to the success of each and every one of its 780 degree-seeking students, MCAD is also an important member of the Twin Cities' thriving cultural community, extending educational and professional opportunities far beyond the school's campus.
The Director of Career Development will deliver current and relevant industry professional practice content, market the office, its internship program, and support services, and will create and promote career events and opportunities. Training and assistance on job search techniques and career opportunities will be provided for students through individual appointments, group presentations, class visits, and in coordination with Academic Affairs, department chairs and faculty.
- Bachelor’s degree; Associate degree; counseling certification or equivalent. Background in art and design preferred.
- Three years + experience in creative industries, career development in a higher education environment, recruiting events for student employment, or admissions preferred.
- Keen knowledge of and appreciation for the visual arts, design, entrepreneurial studies, and liberal arts.
- Excellent networking and communication skills to enrich existing and build new external opportunities for students, and partnerships for the college.
- Excellent oral, written, presentation, and technological skills are required.
- Detail-oriented and well-organized, with strong follow-through
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively across disciplines with administrators, faculty and staff
- Ability to supervise and manage office team and budget
- Knowledge of national higher education issues
As a condition of employment, applicants will be required to undergo a background check.
Contact our website for complete position description at www.mcad.edu/employment.
To Apply: Email cover letter, resume or C.V., along with the names and contact information of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with Director, Career Development in subject line. Application materials should be in PDF format.