Lead Engineer - Configuration Management (NoSQL Focus)
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Lead Engineer - Configuration ManagementAs a lead engineer on the configuration management team, you will be responsible for data modeling, collection, aggregation, and visualization to accurately depict the inventory of, and dependencies between, Target's technology assets. Data will come from multiple sources, using multiple methods (SQL, API, Kafka). You'll also be responsible for exposing our aggregated data as a service (API & Kafka) for others to consume. In this role, you will establish partnerships with key platform Service Providers (“X as a Service” teams) to ensure alignment and accuracy of information as well.What your role will entail:Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals.
- Build and maintain a data platform that can answer the Operations, Security, and Technology ownership questions of Target's Asset inventory.
- Stay current with emerging deployment and state management technologies to aid in maintenance of roadmap.
- Drive understanding of Master Data Management principles and practices across the organization.
- Develop software and systems on test driven development and continuous integration practices.
- Unit test code and create automated test scripts
- Lead discussions with other engineers and partners to drive solutions that improve technology availability
- Follow industry standard agile software design methodology for development and technical documentation
- Research related products and make necessary software recommendations
- See and experience ALL of IT end-to-end and how it produces the capabilities our guests see and use
- Innovate constantly and maintain the technical edge
- Excellent problem solving and thought partnership skills
- Strong sense of ownership and the ability to work with a limited set of requirements
- Team attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with data aggregation, normalization, and scoring
- Strong knowledge and experience with SQL and NoSQL (GraphDB, Mongo, Hadoop) databases
- Experience with API development (preferably using Node Express)
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and containers (GitHub, Drone, Docker, Kubernetes, Spinnaker)
- Able to create and communicate a technology vision
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 7-9 years total work experience
- Has knowledge of state-of-the art engineering technical approaches in design, build, testing, debugging problems as required by domain
- Maintains technical knowledge within areas of expertise
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education