Social Worker-House Calls
Social Worker - House Calls
Status: Exempt Full-Time
Reports to: Health Care for the Homeless/House Calls Program Director
Summary: Participate on a collaborative team to prevent homelessness for families in St. Paul/Ramsey County facing possible eviction due to mental health challenges and behaviors which may include hoarding. Apply social work skills to develop case plans during in -home assessments to help stabilize families and meet health care goals.
- Valid MN Driver’s License and reliable vehicle.
REQUIRED: Education, licensure, registration:
- BSW and, LSW required.
- Two years relevant experience.
- Conduct in-home visits with St Paul/Ramsey County families to resolve issues that may otherwise result in eviction.
- Assess and plan strategies to meet identified needs by applying social work knowledge and skills.
- Manage cases to ensure goals are met and reevaluate as needed.
- Assist families in linking with other community resources.
- Make referrals to other team members to assist with case plan activities.
- Perform systems advocacy as needed to support families and individuals.
- Meet with Lead Social Worker on regular basis to coordinate effective case management.
- Document activities according to program and grant requirements in an accurate and timely manner.
- Participate in staff meetings, quality improvement activities and community meetings as requested.
- Provide transportation to clients for health related activities as needed.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Works within the scope of the job description/job responsibilities with general direction.
- Consults with others as appropriate.
- Does not supervise other staff. May provide work direction to students/volunteers.
Infection Control and Safety Program Responsibility:
- Understands and complies with universal precautions and right to know.
- Understands and complies with hazardous waste precautions/handling as appropriate.
Typical Working Conditions:
- Requires own reliable vehicle for travel between sites.
- Work is performed in various locations in high risk neighborhoods, including homes and outreach facilities.
Knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Ability to be respond flexibly to crisis and other activity changes within work day.
- Strong interpersonal skills including:
- Capacity to experience empathy and patience.
- Ability to build trusting relationship with challenging client population.
- Non-judgmental listening.
- Ability and sensitivity to working with diverse cultures in St. Paul.
Ability to handle multiple tasks and exercise independent judgment.