Care Manager - Social Worker, Security Health Plan
Security Health Plan serves more than 225,000 people in a 40-county area in northern, western and central Wisconsin. We offer a variety of health insurance options for employer groups, individuals of all ages, and families of various income levels.
The Security Health Plan (SHP) Care Manager - Social Worker (SW) functions as an integral member of the Case Management Team of Security Health Plan. The Social Worker is responsible for the assessment, coordination, planning, and implementation of case management services. S/he is also responsible for carrying out the management of specific, individual medical episodes identified through utilization review, disease management, and quality assurance functions. This individual ensures that case management program objectives are met by evaluating the effectiveness of alternative care services and that cost effective, quality care is maintained.
Marshfield Clinic Health System is committed to enriching the lives of others through accessible, affordable compassionate healthcare. Successful applicants will listen, serve and put the needs of patients and customers first.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services-related field; Bachelor’s degree in Social Work is preferred
- Current Social Worker license to practice without restriction in Wisconsin
- Utilization Review and/or case management certification preferred
- Must complete CPUR, CPUM, or CPHM certification and case manager certification within two years of hire
- Minimum 5 years of Social Work experience in psychiatric setting, human service agency, community outreach care, skilled nursing facility, case management, and or discharge planning is required
- Experience in quality assurance/improvement and knowledge of insurance, BadgerCare/Medicaid, and Medicare requirements preferred
Working at Security Health Plan, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Low cost of living within clean, safe environments
- Stable communities and short commutes
- Outstanding schools and affordable housing
- Plenty of recreational activities for all four seasons
- Easy access to Chicago, Madison, Milwaukee or Minneapolis/St. Paul
- Comprehensive benefits package
Marshfield, Wisconsin has a community of 19,500 and is proud of our family-friendly environment. The Cities of Marshfield & Wisconsin Rapids of Wood County were ranked 14th in America, 3rd in the Midwest and 1st in Wisconsin as best cities to live in. Marshfield is also ranked as the 8th best "Dream City" in America offering excellent health care, schools, vitality, connection to cultural mainstream, and a low cost of living all wrapped up in a small-town feel. We are located in the middle of the state with easy access to a network of interstate, U.S. and State highways. For more information, visit http://ci.marshfield.wi.us/
Inquiries can be directed to Beth Westlund, Human Resources at email@example.com
Apply directly through:
Apply online at https://www.marshfieldclinic.org/careers
Search by position number MC171465
Marshfield Clinic, 1000 North Oak Avenue, Marshfield, WI 54449
Marshfield Clinic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.