Inginaire is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer for our client, a local privately owned company who supplies metal components to world-class manufacturers, in Minneapolis, MN. The primary function of the Manufacturing Engineer will be the responsibility for auditing manufacturing processes to ensure compliance with Lean manufacturing principals, and to resolve manufacturing/quality issues on the shop floor.
- Help plan and launch LEAN production throughout the plants.
- Help create and maintain BOM accuracy, routings, and improvement associated to ERP/MRP systems.
- Work with cross-functional teams to achieve continuous improvement program targets such as engineering, purchasing, quality, shop and management personnel.
- Present status reports demonstrating progress toward pre-determined timelines, working with Gantt charts and spreadsheets.
- Leads and participates in continuous improvement events and tasks such as plant layouts, cellular manufacturing, standard cost improvements, quality and safety initiatives.
- Provides timely communication on significant issues or developments.
- Implements LEAN tools such as 5S concepts, Six-Sigma, Kanban, Kaizen, and Value Steam mapping to eliminate waste. Actively engages in continued training, development, and growth of all plan personnel.
- Provides back-up and assistance to programmers as necessary.
- Completes capital justifications with an emphasis on ROI.
- Reports to Director of Operation.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering, or equivalent experience, 6+ yearsâ€™ working in a similar position.
- Programming experience for CNC machinery (lasers, punches, mills) preferred.
- Experience using Traverse ERP/MRP systems preferred.
- SolidWorks experience preferred.
- Technical and metal manufacturing background a plus.