Ware is working with a small but established company in the north metro that is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join their team on a contract-to-hire basis! You will provide engineering support to the manufacturing process through assessment and resolution of manufacturing problems, the development and/or the improvement of manufacturing processes and standards and the design of fixtures and tooling for use in the assembly process.
- Design fixturing and tooling to be used in the production of connectors by generating design concepts, producing engineering drawings either by hand or with an Auto Cad and assembling prototypical components which have been designed
- Develop new manufacturing processes and standards, or makes improvements to current processes and standards, in a manner which results in efficient and cost effective production. Conduct studies of production operations as required.
- Monitor and debug new methods and procedures to ensure system efficiencies
- Work with Manufacturing Manager and/or assemblers to analyze non-standard conditions and operations inefficiencies and make recommendations for correction or improvements
- Perform mechanical maintenance on certain manufacturing equipment and machinery and makes decisions regarding when to send parts out and when to order replacement parts
- Assess problems in the manufacturing process and provides engineering expertise by trouble shooting and effecting solutions which are timely and which result in continuity of the production process
- Train assemblers on proper usage of tooling and serves as a resource for information
- Works with assemblers as required to interpret prints and explain procedures
- Works directly with toolmakers and machinists to ensure mutual understanding of product and required standards
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 0-2 years experience in a similar role
- Familiarity with software such as AutoCAD, Solid works, Myriad, and Microsoft Office
- Strong communication skills; ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, ever changing environment
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Click Here for EEO is the Law Federal Guidelines.