Senior Mechanical Designer
Work for an awesome company in the bicycling industry designing bicycling products, components, prototypes, test equipment and production fixtures to support new product development.
TITLE: Senior Mechanical Designer
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Chief Engineer & Project Manager
Design bicycling products, components, prototypes, test equipment and production fixtures to support new product development and manufacturing. Prepare drawings, models, detailed sketches and specifications to effectively communicate detailed design information to suppliers and production. Work with a diversified range of products/systems used in the bicycle infrastructure industry. Responsible for engineering related computer hardware, software and training. Provide CAD technical support to the engineering team and manage released design documentation.
- Design, layout and update detailed engineering drawings to ensure they meet proper specifications and effectively communicate design intent.
- Maintain and organize product drawings and all related files.
- Input and maintain Bill of Material design information within the Enterprise Resource Planning system.
- Inspect, measure, and test incoming components to ensure they meet specifications.
- Conduct functional tests on development prototypes to verify performance and guide design iterations.
- Create marketing and customer images from CAD assets.
- Assist with the design of engineering prototypes and samples.
- Create and maintain Corrective Actions and Engineering change notices.
- Responsible for engineering CAD/CAM systems and related hardware and software maintenance. Includes software/hardware evaluation and hardware specifications.
- Assist in the investigation and development of tools and processes for more efficient manufacturing design methods.
- Update and maintain appropriate policies and procedures for the engineering department in areas of CAD, Corrective Actions, and Engineering Change Notices. Coordinate with the product team to ensure thorough completion of the documentation.
- Perform other duties when required or requested.