2 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Atterro and Samsung Electronics America is hiring a Payroll Specialist in Ridgefield Park, NJ.
This is a long- term temporary role working onsite at Samsung, which offers competitive compensation and benefits
• Responsible, under minimal supervision, for the processing of monthly and bi-weekly payroll.
• This role will assist in auditing of pay records, communication with employees, managers, HR, and outside 3rd party payroll vendors.
• This role will support monthly, quarterly, and yearly audits and coordinate month-end processing of reports, accruals, and reconciliations.
• Individual contributor that is fully proficient in applying established standards; knowledge based acquired from many years of experience in particular area.
• Works independently.
• General work direction is given and completed assignments and/or work is reviewed to ensure compliance with processes, standards and policies of the organization.
• May instruct and/or coach other professionals.
Common Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Develop and assist more junior level Payroll staff.
• Processing monthly and bi-weekly payroll timely and efficiently
• Responsible for auditing pay records (hourly pay records and PTO) Update employee information (direct deposit changes, address changes, etc.), and upload/download of HRIS information for posting of payroll.
• Develop and implement process improvements continuous in area of responsibility.
• Check timesheets submitted for accuracy and timeliness.
• Coordinate and communicate with payroll vendor.
• Processing of month end reports including balance sheet, account reconciliations, and month end accruals (PTO, EOM salary, medical, and bonus).
• Determine monthly, quarterly, & annual balance earnings and taxes for W2 processing.
• Coordinate quarterly and yearly audits including 401K audit, worker's compensation audit, tax audit, and state audits (timeframe varies).
• Responsible for compliance with internal processes, external agencies/vendors.
• Develops and prepares periodic payroll and financial reports for management and employees.
• Performs special projects and analysis as required.
• Develops spreadsheets for special payroll expense and pay history analysis.
• Applies advanced technical knowledge of departmental principles and procedures.
• Performs work within company and regulatory guidelines.
• High School Diploma or equivalent with 6-10 years of directly related experience or Bachelor's
• Degree with 3-7 years of experience is required.
• Prior experience in payroll utilizing ADP and Ultipro or similar payroll processing system and time keeping systems required.
• Certified Payroll Professional preferred.
• Prior payroll tax experience and payroll audit experience required.
• Prior accounting experience utilizing SAP R/3 software or experience with a similar size enterprise business management and general ledger system required.
• Must have Microsoft Office Suite of PC software applications experience with complex Excel spreadsheet preparation skills operating in a NT LAN/WAN systems environment.
Necessary Skills /Attributes
• Demonstrated ability to interact with multiple levels within the company and external contacts.
• Must be able to influence others in acceptance, approval, and technical clarification.
• Interface with senior management for information exchange.
• The ability to read, interpret, and act on proper understanding of accounting, payroll, time keeping, and payroll tax rulings, policies, and procedures.
• Ability to communicate pay, payroll tax, and time keeping matters in writing through email, reports, or orally.
• Ability to independently, or as a team member, achieve personal and team goals and complete assignments within well-established policies and administrative procedures.
• Most work is not directly verified and may involve internal losses or costs to correct.
• Problems and situations are of similar and repeated circumstances where appropriate solutions are determined from available choices.
• Job duties involve some innovation and analysis to resolve problems.
• Ability to keep all records and information in strict confidentiality, with attention to detail, must be time-oriented, organized, and ability to follow through when issues arise.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Click Here for EEO is the Law Federal Guidelines.