Sr. Structural Designer
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Inginaire is looking for a Sr, Structural Designer to work for our client, a privately owned company that provides innovative solutions in packaging, in Brooklyn Park, MN. The Sr. Structural Designer is responsible for providing development of package and display design concepts to assigned accounts, markets and/or projects. They will fabricate final samples of design concepts for approval and write specifications for cost estimates and production. They will also act as a resource to sales and other internal teams to enhance the ability of the company to present the concepts to the market.
- Creates new package and display design concepts by using CAD system to develop designs that meet customers needs and expectations in a creative, timely and efficient manner.
- Coordinates design concepts and fabricates samples of design concepts; i.e. containers, interior packaging, and displays.
- Responsible for the design deliverables on multiple projects at one time.
- Establishes and maintains vendor relations to obtain support materials for design projects.
- Looks to identify vendors and processes to improve our design products and outputs.
- Seeks additional information on key markets to present new and innovative designs and solutions to assigned clients.
- Documents accurate and detailed specifications on completed design projects for Estimating and Production.
- Maintains information on freight regulations, production equipment limitations, hazardous materials requirements, packaging materials and performance and drop testing procedures.
- Understands variables related to production costs and estimating procedures.
- Develops fabrication assembly drawings of specific designs as requested.
- Minimum of two years vocational/trade school CAD system design certificate or CAD design experience.
- 4-7 years of experience in display or packaging experience with an emphasis in manufacturing operations and CAD system design or equivalent.
- Ability to demonstrate strategic thinking, influence and implement change.
- Artios/CAD Experience.
- Project Management.
- Previous corrugated manufacturing experience.
- A demonstrated understanding of algebraic and geometric concepts.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to interpret drawings (customer specifications) and the ability to understand a variety of basic corrugated container designs.
- Exposure to a Sales, Manufacturing/machine routing distribution center.
- Strong creative sense, ability to navigate in 3D dimensions/understanding of spatial relations.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Self-motivation and ability to work with minimal supervision.