Quality Engineer - $82,000
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Doherty, The Employment Experts is currently partnering with a leading supplier in the RFID industry located in Chanhassen, MN. We are seeking a Quality Engineer a great employment opportunity! Compensation is based on qualifications and experience and will be near $80,000 per year. Desirable candidate will require 5 strong years of experience as a Quality Engineer in a related field with a proven track record of past experience.
SUMMARY - Quality Engineer's primary goal is to determine, recommend, and implement the company's overall Quality System in order to maintain and improve the quality and reliability of products. To achieve this, Quality Engineer will instill a continuous improvement mentality and rigorous adherence to quality practices and principles throughout the company by working closely with upper management, department heads, and individual contributors. This is a hands-on role - in addition to being responsible for the company's overall quality activities will focus on improving, modifying and change existing equipment and process into today's capabilities and technology.
Quality Engineer Main Duties/Responsibilities:
· Complete history file documentation of projects and new product introductions, implements new controls and monitoring all manufacturing operation requirements and process parameters, develops plans to evaluate process repeatability and stability, participates in internal and supplier audits, actively involved in new process and procedures generation, modification and writing post-mortem reviews, determines deliverable requirements for customer report, generates documentation for engineering support on product improvements.
· Define, propose, establish, measure, maintain, enforce and improve quality management system throughout the manufacturing floor.
o Process validation: develop and implement IQ, OQ and PQ protocols to ensure compliance with the quality system.
o Continuous improvement: innovate and improve the quality system to achieve a best in class processes and manufacturing system. Identify and validate process controls on key production processes to assure consistent and repeatable outputs. Seek new inspection methods with inspection.
· Prepare quality procedures and work instructions for assigned area, and revise them ( including quality report form , record form )
· Actively communicate significant issues and developments identified during quality activities and provide recommended process/product improvements to management.
· Innovate and establish computer base in-process quality inspection controls and outgoing quality assurance system.
· Implement quality plans based on process management plan (PMP) in a relentless improving cycle.
· Robotics improvements to visual inspection processes for repeatability, efficiency and in compliance with customer requirements. Implement new technologies and methodologies for quality assurance in the manufacturing floor, bring in thorough knowledge of inspection tools and methods including mechanical, CMM's and the ability to learn and evaluate new inspection and technology trends with emphasis in use of self-inspection, calibration and measurement equipment to improve efficiency and cost.
· Implement outgoing/MRB/CAR/customer complaints systems with SPC techniques to analyze the cause of quality issues to improve, achieve, keep or exceed quality targets.
· Responsible for 4m and 8d change management submitted to customer
· Support or join as a member continuous improvement projects with six sigma tools such as DMAIC, FMEA, cause and effect diagrams, VSM and Pareto analysis and make clear recommendations to facilitate a continuous improvement environment and champion its implementation.
· Assists in coordinating an internal quality audit system and ensuring the effective implementation of an ISO 9001/14001 compliant quality system.
Quality Engineer Key Requirements/Qualifications:
· Engineering degree (BS in industrial engineering highly preferred)
· Formal training in relevant quality systems and techniques such as ISO, six sigma, SPC, and lean manufacturing
· Minimum 5 years quality engineering experience, including by preference at least one successful implementation of a major strategic quality system.
· Ability to design experiments and to solve multi-variable root cause problems
· Experience in at least one of the following: electronic assembly methods, control plans for high volume mass production of electro-mechanical designs.
· Advanced computer skills including an aptitude for Minitab, Sharepoint and emphasis on ms office suite.
· Thorough knowledge in the use of precision measurement equipment, experience in electro-mechanical assembly and CMM experience is highly desirable.
Contact To apply for the Quality Engineer position, please click Apply Now and complete our online application. For questions or further information about the Quality Engineer position, please call our office directly at 952-832-3576 or email Janderson@doherty.com. Download our mobile app for iOS & Android | www.doherty.jobs/app