Finishing Department Lead
Doherty Career Solutions is currently partnering with a custom cabinet and millwork shop in business for over 30 years. We are seeking a Department Lead in their Finishing department for this rewarding employment opportunity! Compensation ranges from $20-25.50 per hour based on experience at this company. Initial screening is through Doherty Career Solutions.This position is responsible for directing the daily activities of our finishing department. This includes meeting production schedules, insuring the quality of the product, training staff on techniques and directing the daily activities of the team. A high attention to detail is critical to this position.
Department Lead Main Duties/Responsibilities:
- Directs the daily activities of the finishing department
- Has the ability to train staff on finishing processes
- Ability to manage daily work schedule for a team of 3-5 individuals
- Ability to prepare product for finishing including sanding and filling holes and cracks.
- Applies stains and finishes by hand or using a spray gun
- Insures quality of finish.
Department Lead Requirements/Qualifications:
- Prior experience in a leadership position is required
- Experience in a related production, manufacturing or wood shop setting is strongly preferred
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong management skills and the ability to develop a successful team
- Lift up to 60 lbs.
- Work standing or walking for extended periods of time
Contact To apply for the Department Lead position, please click Apply Now and complete our online application. For questions or further information about the Department Lead position, please call 952.562.1033 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. #officecareer
Download our mobile app for iOS & Android | www.doherty.jobs/app