DIRECTOR RESPONSIBLE SOURCING - FOOD & ESSENTIALS
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
JOIN US AS A DIRECTOR RESPONSIBLE SOURCING - FOOD & ESSENTIALS Provide strategic vision, policy and leadership in the development and execution of comprehensive strategies, programs and initiatives relating to Target's responsible sourcing efforts relating to food and essentials products. Develop strong relationships and build, focused, integrated responsible sourcing programs in collaboration with relevant cross functional teams with a view to ensuring responsible sourcing is embedded in Target's food and essentials merchandising practices. Collaborate with the responsible sourcing social and environmental teams, at headquarters and overseas, to ensure alignment of strategies and policies in order to ensure articulated long term strategic goals are met. Develop and lead a team that supports Target responsible sourcing practices relating to food and essentials. Act as a corporate brand ambassador to internal and external partners. Communicate and achieve Target's vision, values and priorities with specific attention to the responsible sourcing strategy. Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Director Responsible Sourcing, you'll take the lead as you…
- Drive and establish a strategy responsible sourcing oversight program for food and essentials products while taking into account the expectations of stakeholders both internally and externally. This should be based on standardized and consistent processes to facilitate efficient and effective best methods.
- Develop an operational process to assess risk, manage risk and determine proper oversight for food and essentials in Target's supply chain. This includes evaluating whether existing resources devoted to food and essentials oversight, programs and initiatives are sufficient and articulate clear resource needs in order to deliver upon expected outputs.
- Take into account existing strategies, collaborate with the responsible sourcing social and environmental teams to ensure the oversight program is appropriate for these specific product categories and takes into account commodities identified as high risk from a responsible sourcing perspective.
- Review Target's Standards of Vendor Engagement and other relevant related to ensure they protect Target's reputation and adequately address stakeholder concerns.
- Develop new responsible sourcing initiatives focused on food and essentials that will help to deliver on responsible sourcing long term strategy and vision with a particular emphasis on worker well-being goals and objectives.
- Continually challenge and review the initiatives and programs to ensure TGT's brands and reputation are protected.
- Utilize industry and other external partnerships to support key initiatives, identify best practices and opportunities for innovation of Target's programs relating to food and essentials and guest related interventions.
- Collaborate with other responsible sourcing directors to contribute to the internal and external communication process to identify our advocates and allies, determine potential collaboration partnerships that will mitigate risk and elevate the reputation of Target's brand specifically as it relates to food.
- Help build a RS food and essentials team including supervising, coaching, developing and elevating direct report team members to become future Target leaders
- Directly engage with the food and essentials merchandising pyramid, specifically Senior Leaders, to review the vendor matrix strategy and help ensure a vendor matrix aligned with overall Target goals.
- Be an internal and external brand ambassador with key stakeholder groups, shareholders, NGO's, government officials, etc.
- 4 year college degree, preferably in Science, Natural Science and/or a business related discipline.
- Requires 10 + years' related working experience directly on food and/or commodities
- Minimum 5 years in leadership capacity with similar operational scope and complexity
- Ability to communicate to all levels of management internally and to Sr. Management of vendor partners with diverse cultural backgrounds
- Ability to analyze information to drive business decisions, manage project plans and resources.
- Strong sense of urgency.
- Strong organizational, written and communication skills.
- Strong strategic thinking and ability to plan, organize and execute.
- Strong leadership and performance management skills
- International and Domestic travel required