Grant & Contract Specialist
An individual in this position will exercise discretion and independent judgment in the provision of pre and post-award support services in the Sponsored Programs. While in this position, the individual will be responsible for facilitating the preparation and submission of external and internal grant applications in accordance with funding agency requirements. This will include review of Requests for Awards and Proposals (RFA’s and RFP’s) and communicating with investigators and Center Administrators/managers regarding those requirements. This position will be responsible for the review and approval process of determining the allowability of grant and contract purchases/expenses in accordance with applicable regulatory guidelines. Additionally, this individual will prepare and monitor consultant, personal service, and subcontract agreements, including review and approval of invoices. This position will maintain a working knowledge of applicable funding agency regulations, OMB federal circulars, and institutional policies and procedures and will implement these regulations with respect to grant and contract management. Given that grant funding is a vital component to the operations of the Marshfield Clinic Research Foundation, this individual is expected to provide expert advice and effective leadership in Sponsored Programs, while promoting teamwork and a strong customer service/liaison relationship within Sponsored Programs and between Sponsored Programs and scientists, physician investigators, other research support staff, and funding agency personnel.
Marshfield Clinic Health System is committed to enriching the lives of others through accessible, affordable compassionate healthcare. Successful applicants will listen, serve and put the needs of patients and customers first.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or field related to position. Bachelors degree in an unrelated field will be considered if candidate is actively pursuing an advanced degree in a related field or has Business Administration experience as required
- Minimum 3 years of administrative experience with Federal, State and private agency grant/contract funding or minimum 5 years experience in Business Administration or related field
- Must have working knowledge of word-processing (intermediate level), spreadsheets (intermediate level) & databases introductory level required, intermediate level preferred) programs
- Certified Research Administrator (CRA) through the Society of Research Administrators
- Experience in research administration preferred
Working at Marshfield Clinic, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Low cost of living within clean, safe environments
- Stable communities and short commutes
- Outstanding schools and affordable housing
- Plenty of recreational activities for all four seasons
- Easy access to Chicago, Madison, Milwaukee or Minneapolis/St. Paul
Marshfield, Wisconsin has a community of 19,500 and is proud of our family-friendly environment. The Cities of Marshfield & Wisconsin Rapids of Wood County were ranked 14th in America, 3rd in the Midwest and 1st in Wisconsin as best cities to live in. Marshfield is also ranked as the 8th best "Dream City" in America offering excellent health care, schools, vitality, connection to cultural mainstream, and a low cost of living all wrapped up in a small-town feel. We are located in the middle of the state with easy access to a network of interstate, U.S. and State highways. For more information, visit http://ci.marshfield.wi.us/
Questions may be directed to Angela Koehler, Human Resources:
Apply directly through:
Or through our Career Center at:
Reference job number MC171423
1000 N. Oak Ave.
Marshfield, WI 54449
Marshfield Clinic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.