Marketing Program Director, St. Thomas
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Marketing Program Director position within the Marketing, Insights and Communications Department.
The Marketing Program Director, St. Thomas reports to the Associate Vice President for Marketing Strategy and serves as a key brand strategist for the University. Drawing from the university’s mission and strategic priorities, the Marketing Program Director has overall responsibility for leading/coordinating marketing efforts that promote the institution of the University of St. Thomas, often in partnership with other marketing team members. This position collaborates with departments across campus to efficiently use resources in reaching constituents through effective messaging, accurate branding and innovative media.
- Develop the annual strategic plan for marketing the institution of St. Thomas, including identifying key knowledge gaps, action plans to address those gaps, key audiences and key messages. Work collaboratively with other members of the marketing team to execute the strategic plan.
- Plan and execute advertising and visibility campaigns at the University level for all vehicles including outdoor, digital/social, web, print, radio, and sponsorships.
- Oversee the maintenance and development of clear, compelling, and user-friendly website pages at a University level. Provide web content strategy, and help with annual website refreshes and website governance.
- Serve as marketing point person to progress key institutional initiatives.
- Coordinate media buys on behalf of the University to ensure we capture synergies and eliminate redundancies in media contracts and media placements.
- Work collaboratively with groups on campus seeking to advance University messaging/campaigns.
This is a full-time, benefits eligible position. The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, long-term care, legal, and disability insurance coverages. Offerings also include retirement plans, flexible spending accounts, a health savings account, and an employee assistance program. The University provides tuition remission to its employees, spouses, and dependents. In addition, the University values a healthy work/life balance and has generous provisions for paid time off.Qualifications:
Minimum qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or a relevant field. Minimum five years of professional marketing communications and strategy experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skill have been acquired may be substituted.
- Strategic thinking/critical reasoning: Must be a strong strategist with the ability to focus and prioritize
- Marketing: Ability to select appropriate messages, execute marketing campaigns and interpret results.
- Analytical Skills: Ability to analyze trends, look at new data and remain current with marketing and media trends and changes in technology.
- Decision-Making Skills: Ability to meet deadlines and make timely decisions on final products. Must be able to use independent judgment to fulfill the responsibilities of this position.
- Influence and Communication Skills: Skill in working collaboratively with leadership and clients on a regular basis. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to present ideas clearly and concisely and create enthusiasm among stakeholders. Comfort interacting with clients and internal staff alike.
- Leadership Skills: Collaborate with senior leaders in Marketing department and across the University. Lead marketing efforts at the University level.
- Microsoft Office proficiency; understanding of content management systems; experience in social media; strategic planning.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. The successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website. If you are viewing this posting from a site other than “Jobs at St. Thomas”, the University assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of information.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer