Lead Engineer - Cassandra Admin (Data Store Team)
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Lead Engineer - Cassandra AdminAs a Cassandra Admin on the Data Store Engineering team, you'll have the opportunity to design, develop and support enterprise level Cassandra clusters that are the data foundation for some of Target's newest innovation. You'll put your skills, experience and passion to work in an entrepreneurial environment where success is rewarded.We are looking for highly motivated engineering professionals who can connect our developers to Target's core data store technologies by enabling scalable and seamless deployments and developing the orchestration of managed solutions. Individuals in this role will have opportunities to gain a large breadth of knowledge by working with experts in core infrastructure services and share their knowledge with a tech hungry team.About This OpportunityAs an engineer, you are a software developer with an entrepreneurial streak. You will build great products - ready to do whatever it takes to build scalable guest focused, world class data store solutions for our developers. You have excellent problem solving skills. You love keeping abreast of the latest industry trends and use them to help you innovate. You have leadership qualities, good judgment and clear communication skills.Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As an Engineer, you'll take the lead as you…
- Support developers in the modeling and deployment of Enterprise class Cassandra clusters
- Refine the deployment pipeline improving the mechanisms and designing the packages to enable repeatable, stable, and scalable deployments
- Collaborate with team to promote, re-use and develop consistent technical build, implementation and support processes following the agile design and documentation methodology
- Develop software and systems on test driven development and continuous integration practices
- Unit test code and create automated test scripts
- Consult with key development partners to refine data models ensuring optimal performance
- Monitor and maintain existing environments
- Research related products and make necessary software recommendations
- Innovate constantly and maintain the technical edge
- 5+ years of software and database development experience with at least one full cycle implementation from requirement to production
- Strong problem solving and thought: partnership skills
- Strong sense of ownership and the ability to work with a limited set of requirements
- Team attitude
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- BS or MS degree in computer science or equivalent
- Hands-on experience with Cassandra deployment and management within OpenStack or other cloud environments (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Top-notch Linux command-line skills
- Experience with one or more scripting languages (Bash, Python, Ruby)
- Experience with identifying hardware and software related issues.
- Experience with Full Stack Development
- Experience assisting with the design, implementation, and on-going support of Cassandra operational data.
- Proven Cassandra DBA experience in managing critical 24/7 applications
- Experience with designing and support for data migration activities.
- Experience in monitoring, performance tuning and managing Cassandra cluster.
- JVM tuning a definite “plus”
- Strong understanding of complex inner workings of Cassandra, such as the gossip protocol,
hinted handoffs, read repairs, and Merkle trees.
- In-depth knowledge of architecting and creating Cassandra/NoSQL database systems.
- Solid understanding of the CAP Theorem and distributed computing.
- Experience in writing Cassandra CQL queries
- Experience in data structure design, data modelling in Cassandra
- Knowledge experience with other NoSQL (MongoDB, Redis, Neo4J) database technologies
is a plus.
- A deep understanding of Cassandra design principals, cluster connectivity, security and the
factors that affect distributed system performance.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technology and lead the adoption of successful patterns
- Experience working in an agile environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, etc.)
- Working with test-driven development and software test automation
- GitHub Enterprise