Lead Front End Engineer, Target.com Web UI Team (Node.js/React)
JOIN US AS A LEAD FRONT END ENGINEER - TARGET.COM WEB UI TEAM (Node.js / React) About UsThe Target.com Web UI Team builds and maintains one of the most visited ecommerce sites in the world. We architect solutions to facilitate massive scale; design libraries and abstractions to make our jobs easier; embrace modern web development practices and tools to ensure consistency, stability, and performance; and are fully responsible for the Target.com UI web stack. We realize successes through our strong engineering culture and delighting our guests with great web experiences.About this OpportunityWe are seeking a team member and engineer who's able to jump in and contribute to our projects.As a Lead Front End Engineer at Target you will use your skills, experience, and talent to be part of our amazing team. Here is what we are looking for in you:Responsibilities:
- Work as a member of a product team that will iterate on guest facing features that impact the bottom line of Target.com.
- Contribute to our full-stack Node.js and React universal application.
- Implement design patterns to enhance our highly scalable web application.
- Contribute to the design of our full system architecture.
- Continuously work to improve through pair programming and pull request reviews.
- Coach teammates to implementations that adhere to engineering best practices.
- Ensure team contributions match quality expectations and contribution guidelines.
- Lead development efforts to delivery of production ready software.
- Promote an inclusive team culture that fosters a safe learning environment.
- Engage in continuous improvement projects within the team.
- Contribute unit and functional tests to certify your work is good.
- Provide technical expertise to product teams, advising best practices and highlighting risks.
- BS degree in computer science or related technical field
- 6+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of experience in web technologies
- 3+ years in a lead engineering role
- Experience with web frameworks like React, Angular, Vue.js, Polymer, Riot.js, Backbone, and Ember
- Experience developing Adaptive or Responsive websites using HTML5 and CSS3
- Familiarity with build tools such as webpack, Rollup, gulp, and Grunt
- Computer Science foundational knowledge including competencies working with design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience automated testing and proficient with a testing framework (e.g. Jest, Mocha)
- Experience working with a source versioning tool, such as Git
- Experience working as a member of an Agile software development team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills demonstrating technical leadership
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Node.js and React
- Experience working with GraphQL and RESTful web services
- Experience building accessible websites
- Experience working on project facilitating true CI/CD (Jenkins, Drone, etc.)
- Exposure to DevOps tools and culture (i.e. Kubernetes, Docker, Spinnaker, Jenkins, Git, etc.)
- Awareness of new and emerging technologies