Cook / Chef - Part Time
2 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Do you have the desire and passion to become an exceptional chef? Would you like to learn from an experienced chef? Kirkland Crossings, a premier senior living community has an opportunity in the culinary department for a chef in training!
This part-time position may be combined with other jobs within the department to create a full-time benefit opportunity.
All culinary staff are genuinely appreciated, enjoy a flexible schedule, no late evenings and pleasant working conditions.
If you have a passion and desire to enrich the lives and touch the hearts of older adults, consider joining our team in providing compassionate and high quality care and services within a caring Christian culture.
Presbyterian Homes & Services Kirkland Crossings - Pewaukee, WI is seeking a Part Time Cook/Chef to join its Nutrition and Culinary team. The hours for this position are every other weekend 10:00am - 6:30pm
The Cook/Chef is responsible for creating high quality meals and dining experience for customers by preparing and serving attractive, nutritious and palatable meals consistent with regulations and established policies, procedures and best practices.
- Must possess a high school or equivalent education.
- Cook: One (1) year cooking experience in a restaurant, health care or senior services setting.
- Chef: Two (2) years cooking experience in a restaurant, health care or senior services setting or completed culinary training/certification or vocational training/certification in commercial food preparation.
- Knowledge of state and federal food-handling regulations (Serve Safe Certification). Must possess knowledge of food service operations.
- Demonstrated compatibility PHS's mission and operating philosophies.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers.