Cook / Chef - Part Time
Do you have the desire and passion to become an exceptional chef? Would you like to learn from an experienced chef? Kirkland Crossings, a premier senior living community has an opportunity in the culinary department for a chef in training!
This part-time position may be combined with other jobs within the department to create a full-time benefit opportunity.
All culinary staff are genuinely appreciated, enjoy a flexible schedule, no late evenings and pleasant working conditions.
If you have a passion and desire to enrich the lives and touch the hearts of older adults, consider joining our team in providing compassionate and high quality care and services within a caring Christian culture.
Presbyterian Homes & Services Kirkland Crossings - Pewaukee, WI is seeking a Part Time Cook/Chef to join its Nutrition and Culinary team. The hours for this position are every other weekend 10:00am - 6:30pm.
700 Quinlin Drive
Pewaukee, WI 53072
Kirkland Crossings is situated in a natural prairie setting complete with ponds, prairie meadows and foot trails, providing a calming and inviting work environment.
As an employee you can take advantage of a variety of amenities such as:
- Underground heated parking available for a monthly fee
- Discounted employee meals
- Free Fitness Center access
This community offers the following care options: Assisted Living, Assisted Living with Memory Care
The Cook/Chef is responsible for creating high quality meals and dining experience for customers by preparing and serving attractive, nutritious and palatable meals consistent with regulations and established policies, procedures and best practices.
- Must possess a high school or equivalent education.
- Cook: One (1) year cooking experience in a restaurant, health care or senior services setting.
- Chef: Two (2) years cooking experience in a restaurant, health care or senior services setting or completed culinary training/certification or vocational training/certification in commercial food preparation.
- Knowledge of state and federal food-handling regulations (Serve Safe Certification). Must possess knowledge of food service operations.
- Demonstrated compatibility PHS's mission and operating philosophies.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers.
Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS), based in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a non-profit, faith-based organization providing high-quality housing, care, and service options for older adults since 1955. Currently serving over 26,000 older adults in 43 locations in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa, we seek compassionate employees to further our reputation as an innovative leader committed to promoting independence, vitality, and well-being for those we serve.
We believe employees are the most important resource in our ministry and we are committed to an environment where employees are valued and empowered to make a difference. With over 6,300 employees and plans for continued growth, the development opportunities with us are virtually unlimited. We offer competitive wages, opportunities for advancement and incredible benefits like education assistance and nursing loan forgiveness.
If you have a desire to honor God by enriching the lives and touching the hearts of older adults, consider answering the call and join our team.