Presbyterian Homes & Services is seeking an On Call Registered Dietician for its team. We have a number of PHS communities in the Twin Cities area and the On Call RD could be asked to help cover at any of them. On Call coverage is used for planned vacations or leaves, and there is generally advance notice of available hours. Working hours are generally during business hours, but there could be some flexibility. We currently ask On Call employees to be available for 2 shifts a month, but the need could be greater or less at any given time.
Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS), based in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a non-profit, faith-based organization providing high-quality housing, care, and service options for older adults since 1955. Currently serving over 26,000 older adults in 43 locations in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa, we seek compassionate employees to further our reputation as an innovative leader committed to promoting independence, vitality, and well-being for those we serve.
We believe employees are the most important resource in our ministry and we are committed to an environment where employees are valued and empowered to make a difference. With over 6,300 employees and plans for continued growth, the development opportunities with us are virtually unlimited. We offer competitive wages, opportunities for advancement and incredible benefits like education assistance and nursing loan forgiveness.
If you have a desire to honor God by enriching the lives and touching the hearts of older adults, consider answering the call and join our team.
The Registered Dietitian is responsible for providing quality clinical nutritional care and programs for residents of the Presbyterian Homes and Services Communities consistent with regulations and established policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Bachelor's Degree in Dietetics, Nutrition.
- License or Certification as mandated by the state in which employed
- Registered Dietitian with Commission on Dietetic Registration of the American Dietetic Association or Registry Eligible. If Registry Eligible, must pass exam successfully within six months of hire and after passing, must obtain licensure or certification as mandated by the state in which employed.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations for long term care facilities and food service industry.
- Demonstrated ability to relate with staff, residents, family members, visitors, regulatory agencies and the general public.
- Demonstrated compatibility with PHS's mission and operating philosophies.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers.