Life Enrichment Director
If you have a passion and desire to enrich the lives and touch the hearts of older adults, consider joining our team in providing compassionate and high quality care and services within a caring Christian culture.
Presbyterian Homes & Services - St. Andrew's Village- is seeking a Life Enrichment Director for its team. The Life Enrichment Director is responsible for planning, organizing, developing, facilitating, leading, evaluating and effectively directing the life enrichment staff and program in order to ensure the delivery of high quality resident care and services consistent with regulations and established best practices.
The Life Enrichment Director is responsible for planning, organizing, developing, facilitating, leading, evaluating and effectively directing the life enrichment staff and program in order to ensure the delivery of high quality resident care and services consistent with regulations and established best practices.
Specifically the Life Enrichment Director will, (but not limited to):
- Develop, plan, direct and implement a comprehensive program of leisure life/life enrichment services for residents. Collaborate with residents, families, other professionals and staff to develop, plan, and implement programs that meet the psychosocial and activities needs of residents and the Household. Establish systems and processes for management of campus events, shared services, equipment etc.
- Develop, plan, direct and maintain a life enrichment program based upon resident assessment, needs, interests/preferences, regulations and established procedures and best practices. Provide consultation, evaluation, and assessment of residents as needed.
- Develop and implement processes and plans for care plans. Participate in resident care planning with the team and other health care providers as needed. Provide resident, family and staff education/consultation. Communicate resident leisure status and needs to the resident, their family, staff and other professionals (i.e. care conferences). Refer to other professionals as appropriate. Maintain records by practice standards, third party payers and regulatory agencies. Complete necessary portions of assessments and care plans as required. Maintain all required documentation in accordance with regulations and established procedures.
- Serve as a site resource for life enrichment services. Provide direct education, coaching, mentoring, materials, resources, support and/or supervision/direction for all life enrichment programming in the site.
- Develop, implement and promote a program that helps residents achieve "their best day", filled with a wide variety of meaningful relationships and activities. Participate in meeting resident and household needs by actively assisting (to the extent of cross training and certification) with tasks to meet identified needs as appropriate. Maintain effective communication systems with all customers. Serve as a life enrichment/leisure resource and advocate for the site.
- Bachelor's Degree in Therapeutic Recreation, or related field or equivalent experience. Specialized training or experience in geriatric activities, social work or gerontology is desirable.
- Previous leadership experience in recreation program/event coordination.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, leadership skills, interpersonal relationship skills and knowledge of federal and state regulations.
- Demonstrated compatibility with PHS's mission and operating philosophies.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers.