Life Enrichment Coordinator
5 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Presbyterian Homes & Services' Johanna Shores community in Arden Hills, MN is seeking an experienced Life Enrichment Coordinator for its team. The Life Enrichment Coordinator is responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring established life enhancement/life enrichment programming for residents in a Memory Care setting. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of experience in a dementia or Memory Care environment.
The current opportunity is Full Time, benefit-eligible, and includes participation in a weekend rotation.
Consider joining our team in providing compassionate and high quality care and services within a caring Christian environment!
The Life Enrichment Coordinator is responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring established life enhancement/life enrichment programming for residents consistent with regulations and established policies, procedures and best practices.
This position is responsible for but not limited to:
- Promoting the resident's well being and satisfaction by supporting Liberty in all areas of the resident's life.
- Developing and interpreting standards of care, guiding the interdisciplinary team to establish and implement the resident's plan of care with the resident and his/her family and the Household team.
- Helping to improve systems and eliminate barriers to resident centered care and services.
- Collaborating with residents, families, other professionals and staff to implement established programs that meet the psychosocial and activities needs of residents and the Household, including creating diverse opportunities for meaningful pursuits, daily pleasures, life enrichment , exercise, friendships, social interaction, growth and learning, fun and enjoyment, personal routines, spontaneous activity and Household rituals.
- Leading and participating in Chat Circles with residents and staff in the household daily.
- Assisting residents with activities of their choice, group, individual or one on one. Provide for resident leisure life activities. Take residents outdoors, or out in the facility community.
- Planing, implementing and participating in outings and special events.
- Providing one on one interaction with residents based on preferences.
- High School Diploma or related.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, program, implement and coordinate recreation programming for residents. Previous experience with seniors preferred.
- Strong communication skills, including good insights into resident preferences and needs. Demonstrated communication and relationship building skills with residents.
- Able and willing to work flexible hours such as during evenings and weekends for planned programs.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm, initiative and positive rapport with residents, staff, families and volunteers.
- Demonstrated compatibility with PHS' mission and operating philosophies.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers.