Learning & Development Specialist
4 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Presbyterian Homes & Services is seeking a part time Learning and Development Specialist to join its team. This position requires a current licensure as a Registered Nurse to facilitate our clinical training programs. This is a 16 hour- 2 day per week position with hours primarily scheduled during typical 1st shift business hours Monday-Friday.
Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS), based in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a non-profit, faith-based organization providing high-quality housing, care, and service options for older adults since 1955. Currently serving over 26,000 older adults in 43 locations in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa, we seek compassionate employees to further our reputation as an innovative leader committed to promoting independence, vitality, and well-being for those we serve.
We believe employees are the most important resource in our ministry and we are committed to an environment where employees are valued and empowered to make a difference. With over 6,300 employees and plans for continued growth, the development opportunities with us are virtually unlimited. We offer competitive wages, opportunities for advancement and incredible benefits like education assistance and nursing loan forgiveness.
If you have a desire to honor God by enriching the lives and touching the hearts of older adults, consider answering the call and join our team.
The Learning and Development Specialist is responsible for implementing, conducting, and evaluating inservice programs and continuing education for personnel throughout Presbyterian Homes & Services.
The primary classes taught by the Learning & Development Specialist include but are not limited to:
- Clinical Competency classes for our Certified Nursing Assistant and Home Health Aide employees
- Mechanical lift training
- Catheter and Peri care
- Medication Administration (Dispensing and Documentation)
- Onboarding and Annual Review
- Others as assigned
- Clinical Educators require current licensure as a Registered Nurse.
- Experience in Assisted Living and/or Long Term Care required.
- Demonstrated competency in teaching and applying principles of teaching/learning with adults.
- Experience with technology based instruction desirable.
- Willingness to travel to various TWIN CITIES PHS locations
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers.