Education Manager- Clinical
Presbyterian Homes & Services is seeking an Education Manager- Clinical to join the Employee Experience team at our Home Office in Roseville, MN. The purpose of this position is "Creating Smiles in the Eyes of the Residents" by fulfilling Presbyterian Homes' mission and Operating philosophies.
The Education Manager—Clinical is responsible for training and in-service programming for our clinical leaders that will enable PHS employees to remain certified and proficient in delivering high-quality care and services to PHS residents and clients. In addition, this person will have a special focus on the onboarding, mentoring, assessing, and assisting with our International Nurse Recruitment (INR) program to ensure successful selection and integration of our INR nurses to the PHS systems. As a partner to the INR team, this person may travel with the team to the Philippines from 1-3 times per year to assess nurse candidates for the program.
Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS), based in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a non-profit, faith-based organization providing high-quality housing, care, and service options for older adults since 1955. Currently serving over 26,000 older adults in 43 locations in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa, we seek compassionate employees to further our reputation as an innovative leader committed to promoting independence, vitality, and well-being for those we serve.
We believe employees are the most important resource in our ministry and we are committed to an environment where employees are valued and empowered to make a difference. With over 6,300 employees and plans for continued growth, the development opportunities with us are virtually unlimited. We offer competitive wages, opportunities for advancement and incredible benefits like education assistance and nursing loan forgiveness.
If you have a desire to honor God by enriching the lives and touching the hearts of older adults, consider answering the call and join our team.
Some of the responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Promote a culture of ownership of PHS values and focus areas, starting at orientation and embedding throughout all educational offerings.
- Under the direction of the Director of Education and Professional Development--Clinical, and in collaboration with Management and Services Corporate Clinical Services, develop and revise curriculum that effectively meets the training needs of clinical staff. Provide educational/clinical programs necessary to meet Federal and State regulations; understand and ensure quality principles are integrated into educational offerings and mandatory training of all clinical personnel.
- Provide Competency Training for all clinical personnel at the time of hire and annually thereafter. Manage class schedules and arrange instructors to teach the Competency Training program.
- Be a point partner with the International Nurse Recruitment (INR) team to identify nurse candidates, educational needs and Lead the onboarding and assimilation process for the INR nurses new to PHS.
- Partner with the INR leader to transition new INR nurses to PHS or outside entities
- Leverage the computer-based learning system (Relias) and other technology related initiatives and systems.
- Hire, train, lead, and guide the team of clinical educators to achieve PHS strategic vision/desired outcomes related to staff education.
- Support the integration of Christian Culture in educational programming.
- Review and revise educational needs with the Director of Education and Professional Development--Clinical.
The Learning & Development Manager reports directly to the Director of Education and Professional Development—Clinical.
- Bachelor's degree in Adult Education, Health Care Administration or Nursing required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Current Registered Nursing licensure required
- Minimum 2-3 years in leadership role (both people and processes), preferably in a Healthcare setting.
- Experience with technology-based instruction.
- Demonstrated competency in teaching and applying principles of adult learning.
- Willingness to work and travel to more than one PHS location (Minnesota, Wisconsin & Iowa)
- Ability to travel to the Philippines up to three times per year to assess candidates
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language and communicate with all customers.