Director of Education & Professional Development- Clinical
4 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Presbyterian Homes & Services is seeking a Director of Education and Professional Development- Clinical to join the Employee Experience team at our Home Office in Roseville, MN. The purpose of this position is "Creating Smiles in the Eyes of the Residents" by fulfilling Presbyterian Homes' mission and Operating philosophies.
The Director of Education and Professional Development—Clinical is accountable for leading a team of educators responsible for training and in-service programming for our clinical leaders that will enable PHS employees to remain certified and proficient in delivering high-quality care and services to PHS residents and clients. This role will interact with a variety of clinical and business leaders to develop leadership and training programs that enable our employees to be fully equipped to provide service excellence to our customers. This role will manage and implement key measures of success to evaluate the effectiveness and value of the training programs.
Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS), based in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a non-profit, faith-based organization providing high-quality housing, care, and service options for older adults since 1955. Currently serving over 26,000 older adults in 43 locations in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa, we seek compassionate employees to further our reputation as an innovative leader committed to promoting independence, vitality, and well-being for those we serve.
We believe employees are the most important resource in our ministry and we are committed to an environment where employees are valued and empowered to make a difference. With over 6,300 employees and plans for continued growth, the development opportunities with us are virtually unlimited. We offer competitive wages, opportunities for advancement and incredible benefits like education assistance and nursing loan forgiveness.
If you have a desire to honor God by enriching the lives and touching the hearts of older adults, consider answering the call and join our team.
Some of the responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Promote a culture of ownership of PHS values and focus areas, starting at orientation and embedding throughout all educational offerings.
- Research and fully understand the needs of PHS leaders regarding preparing, certifying regulatory/compliance needs and continued leadership and professional growth of PHS employees. Direct the development of curriculum and effective delivery systems to meet these needs. Assure availability of programs necessary to meet Federal and State regulations; understand and ensure quality principles are integrated into educational offerings.
- Creatively manage continuous improvement of both curriculum content and delivery systems that promotes practical application in the business including recording, scheduling, and communication of learning opportunities.
- Lead annual clinical strategic planning of educational offerings in connection with the PHS Corporate Clinical Team, Optage Home Care and Hospice. Review past data points such as --survey issues, QA/QI, QAPI, KRA and VA outcomes to guide the planning.
- Leverage the computer-based learning system (Relias) and other technology related initiatives and systems.
- Hire, train, lead, and guide the team of clinical educators to achieve PHS strategic vision/desired outcomes related to staff education.
- Support the integration of Christian Culture in educational programming.
- Manage the team of L & D clinical educators to achieve PHS strategic vision/desired outcomes related to clinical staff education. Perform annual evaluations of L & D clinical educators, including development of strength plans. Coach employees in their development plans. Approve payroll for direct reports and perform related HR functions
- Will function as a point for partnerships with Healthcare Schools, Colleges and Universities in the area to help with development and growth opportunities for employees of PHS.
The Director of Education & Professional Development—Clinical reports directly to the Vice President of Employee Experience.
The Director of Education & Professional Development—Clinical leads and directs a team of educators, and works collaboratively with the PHS Clinical team, Management staff, Community Site Leaders and Functional leaders.
- Master's degree in Adult Education, Health Care Administration or Nursing required (Doctorate preferred) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Current Registered Nursing licensure required
- Minimum 5 years in leadership role (both people and processes), preferably in a Healthcare setting.
- Experience with technology-based instruction.
- Demonstrated competency in teaching and applying principles of adult learning.
- Willingness to work and travel to more than one PHS location (Minnesota, Wisconsin & Iowa)
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language and communicate with all customers.