3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Presbyterian Homes & Services - is seeking an On Call Dietetic Technician to join our team. We have a number of PHS communities in the Twin Cities area and the On Call DTR could be asked to help cover at any of them. On Call coverage is used for planned vacations or leaves, and there is generally advance notice of available hours. Working hours are generally during business hours, but there could be some flexibility. We currently ask On Call employees to be available for 2 shifts a month, but the need could be greater or less at any given time.
Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS), based in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a non-profit, faith-based organization providing high-quality housing, care, and service options for older adults since 1955. Currently serving over 26,000 older adults in 43 locations in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa, we seek compassionate employees to further our reputation as an innovative leader committed to promoting independence, vitality, and well-being for those we serve.
We believe employees are the most important resource in our ministry and we are committed to an environment where employees are valued and empowered to make a difference. With over 6,300 employees and plans for continued growth, the development opportunities with us are virtually unlimited. We offer competitive wages, opportunities for advancement and incredible benefits like education assistance and nursing loan forgiveness.
If you have a desire to honor God by enriching the lives and touching the hearts of older adults, consider answering the call and join our team.
The Dietetic Technician is responsible for providing quality clinical nutritional care and programs under the supervision of a Dietitian for residents of the Care Centers consistent with regulations and established policies, procedures and best practices. This person will participate in assessment, planning, implementation, documentation, evaluation, and education based upon regulations and established nutritional best practices including but not limited to anthropometric, laboratory information, appetite, diet orders, nutrition history, medications, and potential nutrition-related complications and risks under the supervision of an RD.
• Monitor the nutritional components of the medical record for completeness and accuracy. Attend resident care conferences and contribute nutritional care information and care plans. Collaborate with interdisciplinary team regarding nutritional concerns.
• Conduct patient education with patient and family as needed.
• Assist in menu and recipe planning and implementation.
• Implement specialized/modified diets as ordered by a physician; maintain a system to ensure accuracy of diet orders and specialized/modified diet implementation.
• Establish and maintain effective communication systems with all customers.
• Assist in meal preparation and service as designated on site.
• Monitor food service operations to ensure conformance to nutritional, safety, sanitation, and quality standards. Assist nutrition and culinary department in coordinating recipe development and standardization/development of menus.
• Review menus as designated by facility for nutritional adequacy, palatability, presentation.
• Inspect meals served for conformance to prescribed diets and standards of palatability and appearance.
• Provide support in implementing established nutritional care policies, procedures and practices.
• Assist Dietitian in procedures/tools for nutritional intervention and attainment of goals for residents determined to be at nutritional risk.
• Complete required portions of MDS, Care Plans, and Care Area Triggers.
The Dietetic Technician reports directly to the Regional Registered Dietitian with oversight provided by the RD at the site. The Dietetic Technician works closely with the Dietitian and other health professionals inside and outside PHS to coordinate nutritional care for residents.
- Completion of a Dietetic Technician or related training program approved by the American Dietetic Association.
- Dietetic Technician, Registered or Registry Eligible. If Registry Eligible, must pass exam successfully within six months of hire.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations for long term care facilities and food service industry.
- Demonstrated ability to relate with staff, residents, family members, visitors, regulatory agencies and the general public.
- Demonstrated compatibility with PHS's mission and operating philosophies.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers.