Building Maintenance / Engineer Technician III
Facilities Maintenance/Building Engineer
Carondelet Village is seeking a highly motivated, full time Building Engineer. This is a 40 hour per week position and includes periodic on-call rotation responsibilities. This is a hands-on, interesting, and fun position for the right person who wants to grow and learn in a technical environment.
Presbyterian Homes & Services has been serving older adults since 1955 and is a leader in the industry. As one of the fastest growing non-profit older adult services organizations in the nation with 45 campuses in 3 states, we are mission driven and faith based.
Presbyterian Homes-Carondelet Village is a senior housing partnership located on the beautiful St. Catherine college campus in St. Paul. Carondelet Village includes senior independent living, assisted living and memory care apartments, as well as a skilled nursing home, a large arboretum, movie theatre, bistro, and many other amenities.
We believe employees are the most important resource in our ministry. Because of this we are committed to creating an environment where employees are valued and empowered to make a difference. Our employees work together within a caring Christian environment to create great living environments and high-quality, high-touch, and compassionate services for older adults so that they may live vibrantly in their sunset years.
If you have a passion to enrich the lives and touch the hearts of older adults and are looking to work with a dynamic, talented team, please consider joining our staff at Carondelet Village in St. Paul and help us make a difference in the lives of the older adults we serve. With over 6000 employees companywide (and growing) – you are sure to find a home with us – now and far into the future!
This Building Engineer position is responsible for all aspects of the maintenance and repair of building mechanical systems including boilers, HVAC systems, plumbing, life-safety, pool and spa, electrical, kitchen equipment, etc. Other responsibilities include general building and grounds care, apartment turns consisting of painting, wall and other repair, carpet and hard floor care. The Engineer creates a safe and secure environment by maintaining the buildings, grounds, and equipment in a safe and efficient manner, consistent with regulations and established policies, procedures and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to perform Level III core competencies specific to job as defined by site requirements.
- Able to work independently, multi task, follow directions and work under supervision.
- Relate well and provide a professional image and services to all customers.
- Demonstrated compatibility with PHS's mission and operating philosophies.
- Trade/technical school or 3 years relevant experience.
- Minimum special class boiler licensure
- Experience with refrigeration systems including ground source heat pumps desirable.
- CPO (pool) licensure or desire to obtain necessary
- Prefer candidates with nursing home experience.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers.