Senior Program Manager, Major Gifts
Senior Program Manager, Major Gifts #1055
OPEN TO: This job is open to all applicants.
LOCATION: Minnesota History Center, 345 Kellogg Boulevard West, St. Paul, MN 55102-1906
SALARY: $5,415.00 monthly minimum
STATUS & HOURS: Full-time, regular (2,088 annual hours) position.
CLASSIFICATION: Development Professional, Level 4
HIRING MANAGER: Chief Development Officer
POSTING DATE: August 25, 2017
DEADLINE DATE: September 25, 2017
TO APPLY: Interested applicants must apply online at the Minnesota Historical Society’s career center at www.mnhs.org/jobs and include a resume and cover letter by the application deadline date.
DESCRIPTION: The Minnesota Historical Society (MNHS) seeks applicants for a Senior Program Manager, Major Gifts to direct the MNHS’s major gifts team and to personally secure major current and planned gifts from individual donors for the Annual Fund, special projects, and endowment.
SUMMARY OF WORK: 1) manage 75 to 100 individual prospects considered likely candidates for a $25,000+ gift within four years of being assigned; 2) manage MNHS’s major gifts team and the major gifts team’s administrative support staff; 3) provide leadership to the MNHS’s stewardship programs; and 4) working with program staff, provide leadership to any special campaigns arising from MNHS strategic priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field.
- At least five years of successful major gifts work in a related non-profit environment.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated effectiveness working with donors.
- Experience supervising development professionals.
- Extensive knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations related to fund-raising.
- Knowledge of the current trends in fund-raising activity.
- Outstanding ability to cultivate relationships and strong personal solicitation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team while independently carrying out institutional objectives.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Should you have questions with the application process, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call MNHS Job Line at 651-259-3181. Applicants who are offered employment will be subject to passing a background check as a condition of employment. EEO