1 day left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Cost Accountant (Contract)- Sauk Rapids, MN
Doherty Career Solutions has teamed with a leading manufacturing company to hire a contract Cost Accountant. The cost accountant position is accountable for the ongoing analysis of margin analysis, and tracing costs back to underlying activities.
*3-6 month Contract
- Planning, Studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, work in process, finished goods inventory and labor.
- Analyzing data collected and recording results
- Assess the cost accounting system and make recommendations to improve product costing and reporting
- Review accuracy of labor and overhead rates in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles. Analyzing changes in product design, raw materials, and manufacturing methods to determine effects on cost
- Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing average costs to actual production costs
- Develop standard procedures for reviewing product costs of a job as part of the monthly job close out process
- Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services
- Analyze and report on margins by product and division
- Maintaining Cost Accounting System
- Assisting in Month end close of the General Ledger as it relates to inventor
- Analyzes and monitors cycle count program
- 3+ years of Cost Accounting in a Manufacturing Environment required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred
- Must have a strong Cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principles.
- Strong Excel skills, ERP system experience a plus (Epicor ideal)
Apply for Cost Accountant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly