Housekeeping Services Assistant - Full Time
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Presbyterian Homes & Services - Folkestone in Wayzata is seeking a Full Time Housekeeping Services Assistant for its team. This position may include working every other weekend and scheduled holidays.
This is a Full Time benefit eligible position working 40 hours per week. Presbyterian Homes & Services provides great and competitive benefits which include; health and dental insurance, company matched retirement plan, education assistance and opportunities for career growth within the organization
100 Promenade Avenue
Wayzata, MN 55391
Folkestone is a progressive "green" community featuring access to pedestrian walkways, shopping and dining, plazas and open space, public art and fountains - all walking distance from downtown Wayzata and Lake Minnetonka.
As an employee you can take advantage of a variety of amenities such as:
- Heated underground parking for all employees
- Discounted employee meals
- Free Fitness Center access
- Heated streets and sidewalks (no snow and ice in the winter!)
- Lots of dining choices nearby
- Brand new equipment
This community offers the following care options: Assisted Living, Assisted Living with Memory Care, Enhanced Assisted Living, Care Center/Long Term Care
Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS), based in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a non-profit, faith-based organization providing high-quality housing, care, and service options for older adults since 1955. Currently serving over 26,000 older adults in 43 locations in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa, we seek compassionate employees to further our reputation as an innovative leader committed to promoting independence, vitality, and well-being for those we serve.
We believe employees are the most important resource in our ministry and we are committed to an environment where employees are valued and empowered to make a difference. With over 6,300 employees and plans for continued growth, the development opportunities with us are virtually unlimited. We offer competitive wages, opportunities for advancement and incredible benefits like education assistance and nursing loan forgiveness.
If you have a desire to honor God by enriching the lives and touching the hearts of older adults, consider answering the call and join our team.
The housekeeping services staff is responsible for maintaining and assuring uncompromising levels of cleanliness in work areas, buildings and grounds. The housekeeping services staff is responsible for maintaining an attractive and comfortable home in an environment consistent with regulations and established policies and procedures.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
• General cleaning, floor care, washing, sanitizing, polishing furniture/fixtures, waste removal, stocking supplies, cleaning windows, collecting laundry from resident rooms and designated areas, sorting, labeling, washing, drying and distributing linens, and resident personal clothing per assigned schedule, ironing articles as required, inspecting laundry and linen, informing supervisor of replacement needs for communication with residents/families, and other duties as assigned.
• Ensure that housekeeping and laundry supplies are replenished in work areas.
• Ensure that equipment, tools, and supplies are cleaned and properly stored at the end of each shift.
- Must have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, coworkers, family members, visitors, and the general public.
- Must possess the ability to take direction, prioritize duties, and organize work with others.
- Demonstrated compatibility with PHS's mission and operating philosophies.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers.