Lead Product Designer - Enterprise Products
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Lead Product Designer (UX Architect) - Enterprise ProductsThis Lead Product Designer role will be supporting two Target Team member applications. They will be responsible for defining and documenting experiences to build world-class web experiences for Target's team members who work on our internal systems. The product designer will craft UX strategy, drive and facilitate product discovery through testing and research, sketch concepts, define information architecture, build prototypes, and will collaborate with product managers, engineers and other partners. The successful candidate must be able to show specific work samples and case studies that show clear, high-quality documentation articulating complex data-driven and user-focused systems.Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. Take the lead as you…
- Create world-class experiences for Target team members who work on our internal systems that help power our guest facing digital experiences.
- Understand how to incorporate both qualitative and quantitative research into the design process and be able to articulate and defend design decisions using this research as an input and a guide.
- Engage in product discovery: generate new concept ideas and hypotheses, rapidly prototype and test out those ideas, conduct ux research, pivot quickly to new directions.
- Follow through on delivery: create documents and assets to support engineering in shipping the product out the door.
- Collaborate wildly well with others including other designers, engineers, product managers, QA staff, accessibility team members, and partners in marketing.
- Consult with other teams across Target (e.g., apps, Target Creative, Pricing & Promotions, Item, etc.) to ensure cohesiveness of the digital ecosystem for the guest.
- Define and maintain a pattern library of UI and design elements, together with engineers and accessibility, to ensure reusable, proven and tested patterns are documented and socialized to individual tools teams.
- Partner with our analyst on data visualization -a key focus in one of the applications.
- 7+ years experience in digital software product work with emphasis in UX Architecture and interaction design.
- Comfortable with data integration into a UI. Work will involve designing solutions based on a JSON response so they need to know how to view and interpret raw JSON.
- Experience designing in both desktop and mobile web.
- Expert skills in wireframing, design, and prototyping tools (includes Axure, Omnigraffle, Sketch, Invision, Illustrator, Photoshop or equivalent)
- Experience in both in-person and remote UX research methodologies and ability to conduct or partner with research expert
- Must work well independently and have the ability to successfully lead large-scale projects and initiatives involving multiple cross-functional teams
- Must be an exceptional collaborator and persuader
- Must be able to work well in a matrixed environment
- Must be able to present well and articulate and defend design decisions with grace, logic and data