Doherty Staffing has teamed with a local manufacturer of precision machined products in their search for a Manufacturing Supervisor in their Sauk Rapids facility. This is a Direct Hire position with initial screening by Doherty. Starting salary is $55,000-$65,000 based on experience and skillset. Our client also offers a very competitive benefits package.
Weekend 1st shift - Friday through Sunday or Saturday through Monday from 7:00am to 7:00pm
The Manufacturing Supervisor directly supervises 20-40 employees in the Manufacturing Department (2nd shift). He/she carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and coaching employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
MANUFACTURING SUPERVISOR RESPONSIBILITIES
· Analyzes work orders to estimate worker hours and create machining schedules that meet both internal and external needs.
· Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
· Plans flow of materials through department and develops physical layout of machines according to work orders.
· Interfaces with others in the organization to ensure customer deadlines are met.
· Inspects and measures parts and products to verify conformance to specifications.
· Directs workers in adjusting machines and equipment to repair products which fail to meet standards.
· Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
· Develops, recommends, and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
· Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
· Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
· Maintains time and production records.
· Develops capital equipment justifications for machine tools and process technology to improve quality, cost, and cycle times.
MANUFACTURING SUPERVISOR REQUIREMENTS
· Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Must have 3-5 years of CNC experience.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Excel spreadsheet software; ADP payroll systems and Epicor database software.
· Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
· This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume directly to email@example.com or call 218-470-0274 for more information.