Facilities Manager / Environmental Services Director
Presbyterian Homes & Services - Central Towers in downtown St. Paul is currently looking for a motivated individual to fill a Full Time Building Maintenance Engineering Manager / Environmental Services Director position. This is a hands on, interesting and fun position for the right person who excels at leading / supervising a technical maintenance team of 3 while actively participating on the Site Leadership Team. This role is responsible for managing maintenance operations including vendors, contractors and the maintenance budget for a senior living high rise of 193 apartments in downtown St. Paul. Central Towers is currently renovating and remodeling all apartments and common spaces.
Presbyterian Homes & Services has been serving older adults since 1955 and is a leader in the industry. As one of the fastest growing non-profit older adult services organizations in the nation, we are mission driven and faith based.
We believe employees are our most important resource. Because of this we are committed to creating an environment where employees are valued and empowered. Our employees work together to create great living environments and provide high-quality, high-touch and compassionate services for older adults so that they may live vibrantly in their sunset years.
If you have a passion to enrich the lives and touch the hearts of older adults and are looking to work with a talented team, please consider joining our staff at Central Towers and help us make a difference in the lives of the older adults we serve. With over 6000 employees company wide (and growing) - you are sure to find a home with us - now and far into the future!
Central Towers is located on the Green Line and Several Bus Lines. Downtown parking is provided. This position qualifies for medical and dental benefits, retirement program with a company match, paid holidays and vacation days, accrual of paid time off and also includes discounted meals, free access to the fitness center, participation in employee events not to mention working in a fun environment with a close knit team!
The Facilities Manager / Environmental Services Director is responsible for the maintenance and ongoing care of the site's building(s) and grounds. This position requires a working knowledge of building maintenance systems with the ability to diagnose and execute tasks without outsourcing. Qualified candidates will have leadership experience in areas of engineering, grounds, maintenance, floor-care, and housekeeping in order to effectively direct and lead the Environmental Services Staff and programs. This position is responsible to provide a safe and secure environment for all customers consistent with regulations and established best practices.
The Facilities Manager / Environmental Services Director has responsibility as a member of the site leadership team to participate in the planning and implementation of strategies and programming that assure a safe and secure environment while achieving short and long-term operational goals and objectives for the site.
- May require Level III qualification if Level III competencies otherwise not met on site.
- Able to ensure licensures are satisfied per site requirements.
- Must possess a valid Class "C" driver's license.
- Must be able to fulfill on call requirements as required.
- Must have advanced knowledge in environmental regulatory compliance related to fire, safety, OSHA.
- A minimum of two years management experience, specifically in managing two or more staff, managing at a department or supervisor level, direct budget responsibilities, managing oversight of more than one trade discipline, project management responsibilities.
- Systems view understanding of site operations and managing departments.
- Computer competency in programs necessary for jobs success. Possess the ability to; open, create, edit and save Excel and Word documents and Outlook.
- Demonstrated organizational, administrative, leadership and prioritization skills.
- Must have flexibility, personal integrity and ability to work effectively with residents, coworkers, family members and the general public.
- Demonstrated ability to create Requests For Proposal, review and standardize bids, insure vendor performance for positive budget and execution outcomes.
- Demonstrated compatibility with PHS's mission and operating philosophies.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers.