Housing Assignments and Information Specialists
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
St. Catherine University is accepting applications for a Housing Assignments & Information Specialist. The Housing Assignments & Information Specialist (HAIS) is responsible for key operational functions within the Department of Residence Life including assignments, billing, and reporting. As the primary administrator for the Residential Management System (RMS) – Mercury Software, the incumbent is responsible for setting up the software, ensuring the integrity of student data, and training users. The HAIS also manages the day-to-day operations of the front office, providing direct service to students and other constituents. The position is a full-time, exempt position reporting the Associate Director of Residence Life.
• Manage Residential Management System (RMS) - Mercury Software.
• Coordinate housing, meal plan assignments and billing, including commuter plan and summer guest housing.
• Oversee main office including student office assistant supervision.
• Create and distribute occupancy, revenue, audit, and other reports to key stakeholders.
• Ensure terms and conditions of the Housing & Dining Agreement are being consistently and justly applied.
• Provide direct service to students and other constituents.
• Serve as primary liaison with partnering departments including Admissions, IT, Dining Services, Student Accounts, and Financial Aid.
• Work with Disability Services staff to assign students with medical accommodations.
• Track and monitor all residential keys; manage Roommate Finder software and use.
• Serve as department's primary administrator for door access/security software (Onity-Integra).
• Use occupancy and revenue data to analyze trends and anticipate future housing needs/marketing strategies.
• Evaluate procedures and software to expedite processes, manage information and maximize resources effectively.
• Coordinate withdrawal, room change, and break housing processes.
• Assume on-call duty responsibilities on evenings and weekends as part of professional staff rotation, responding to crises and resident advisor questions.
• Work with outside partners as needed (US Census, voter registration, rental references).
• Assist with Opening Weekend, check-in procedures, room preview, and other key events.
• Assist with presentations and other interactions with prospective and in-coming students and their families.
• Assume other responsibilities as assigned by the Associate Director of Residence Life.
• Participate as a member of Division of Student Affairs.
• Bachelor's degree with post-graduation experience required, master's degree with higher ed experience preferred.
• Software set-up management and database reporting experience necessary.
• Understanding of information systems and how they work together to automate processes and the ability to modify business practices to increase efficiency and productivity are essential.
• Successful applicants will have a strong customer service and problem resolution skills.
• Candidate must possess strong verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills.
• Attention to detail and the ability to multitask are essential.
• The successful candidate must have the ability to respond respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures, in a manner that affirms the worth and preserves the dignity of individuals, families and communities.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue * St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer ~~Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our University is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org