Senior Supply Chain Project Manager - Receive Center
Primary FunctionWork closely with leadership to assist in the Middle Mile Delivery program. Manage project deliverables to ensure business outcomes are achieved, timelines are met, and budgets maintained in alignment with and in support of the overall future GSCL strategy. Support iterative releases associated with improvements and sustainability of middle mile capabilities across people, processes and technologies. Track issues, risks, metrics, and results across a diverse set of cross-functional process and technology teams, including Store Operations, Transportation, TTS, Transformation teams, Properties, S&OP, OCM, L&D, Procurement, external vendors, and more. The role requiresa person who is adaptable yet passionate about their work, has strong executional and collaborative abilities, critical thinking and analytical skills and a continuous improvement mindset.About Middle Mile DeliveryBe part of nimble and effective team focused on launching and improving future capabilities related to the first, middle, and last miles of our supply chain, in support of the Global Supply Chain & Logistics vision. Leverage people, process, technology and data to improve the Target Guest experience through differentiated services and fast and reliable fulfillment, while enhancing profitability.Primary Responsibilities:
- Drive structured project management to conduct milestone planning and sequencing across all Middle Mile Delivery Projects and Capabilities, including improving speed and inventory placement across the stores and digital supply chain.
- Develop and narratives (inclusive of business case and applicable updates) defining problems, using analytics to support root cause, and articulating goals to achieve business outcomes.
- Develop and administer timetables and coordinate cross-functional resources to ensure that projects are completed on time and in service to the overall strategy.
- Delegate and influence across a diverse set of support and stakeholder groups, ensuring a common understanding of goals and objectives, and identifying and monitoring tasks to ensure timetables are met and resources are coordinated properly.
- Establish and lead daily, weekly or monthly project communication venues as needed for a variety of audiences.
- Monitor operations to evaluate results.
- Maintain reports and actively communicate project status across multiple forums and audiences by participating in GSCL PMO venues and maintaining project management tools including project timeline, communication plan, dashboards, decision logs, and risk analysis tools.
- Proactively identify risks and drive resolution to obstacles, in partnership with Senior leadership including Directors, Sr. Directors, VP, SVP, and EVP.
- Understand intersections and health of all projects related to the middle mile delivery space.
- Identify opportunities for synergy and coordination with other efforts both within and outside of GSCL.
- Provide inputs to other future middle mile functions, such as metrics development, analytics, and financial modeling.
- Support strategy and business case development on an as needed basis by conducting internal and external research and data analysis or contributing to white papers and other deliverables.
- Provide input to design of operations processes and automation.
- Bachelor's degree
- Demonstrated experience managing complex projects or programs and expertise using project management tools
- Strong communication and facilitation skills that can be tailored to different audiences and environments, including the writing, preparing and delivery of white paper narratives.
- Ability to think in terms of the future state, challenging the status quo, and identifying paths from current to future statue
- Understanding of financial modeling
- Highly flexible and comfortable working in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple parallel efforts within a complex, highly matrixed organization
- Comfortable navigating and leading through ambiguous situations, across diverse stakeholders, and influencing without authority
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently using project management tools, continuous improvement methodologies, inclusive of A3s, DMAIC, and engineered standards.
- Experience in replenishment operations or direct to guest fulfillment
- Experience developing or launching new business capabilities
- Certifications: Project Management Professional (PMP) or Agile credential
- Lean / 6 Sigma experience