Staffing Partners is looking for a Controller for a growing client in the western suburbs of Minneapolis. This person is responsible for managing the company's accounting functions and report directly to the President. This position will pay around $60K + plus very lucrative bonuses and great benefits. This is a direct hire or temp to hire opportunity.
- Manage accounting department and perform all supervisory duties for 5 person accounting staff.
- Maintain the accuracy and productivity of day to day activities including:
- AP & AR
- Customer credit & collections
- Perform bank & credit card reconciliations
- Enter EFT payments
- Maintain chart of accounts & GL
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Approve and process credits
- Assist with preparation of annual budget & forecasts
- Provide financial analyses for investments, pricing, contracts and other management activities
- Coordinate and provide requisite information for annual audit & other auditing firms
- Monitor company debts, covenants and other liabilities
- Comply with local, state and federal tax filings such as use & sales tax, 1099s etc
- Update & sales tax centers in system
- Maintain relationship with banks, lending institutions, accounting firm, credit card processors, collection agencies and any other vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or Finance
- 5+ years of corporate accounting experience
- Management experience
- Knowledge of GAAP and corporate accounting
- Knowledge of budget control methods, policies, and procedures
- Strong supervisory skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel
- Able to analyze, compare, organize and interpret accounting data
- Able to process and handle confidential information
If you are an interested and qualified candidate please submit your resume using the built-in StarTribune application feature and click Apply Now, or you may email your information to firstname.lastname@example.org with JHGCTR33 in the subject line. If you have questions prior to confidentially submitting your resume, please feel free to call 952-345-5133 and ask to speak with Josh.