Director of Human Resources
Director of Human Resources- Burnsville, MN
Doherty Career Solutions has teamed with a non-profit to hire a Director of Human Resources. The Director of Human Resources is responsible for the implementation of all HR policies and programs, and the administration, coordination, and evaluation of the Human Resources department.
Strategic Planning & Departmental Development
- Develops and administers programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the organization. Leads the development of departmental goals, objectives, and systems.
- Establishes departmental measurements that support the accomplishment of the organization’s strategic goals. Oversees the implementation of Human Resources programs through Human Resources staff.
Recruitment and Selection
- Oversees recruiting, hiring and the HR portion of orientation for staff and supervisors so that the agency maintains an adequate and qualified staffing pattern and compliance with laws and regulations are ensured.
- Provides clear direction to Human Resources staff with respect to priority positions and organizational goals and objectives.
- Coaches and counsels supervisors on performance management and employee relations issues. Identifies areas supervisors would benefit from additional human resource related training.
- Promptly investigates claims of discrimination/harassment and employee grievances/complaints reported to the Human Resource department. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
Benefits and Compensation
- Works with insurance agents to recognize marketplace trends and implement cost-effective programs that help position the organization as an employer of choice.
- Ensures regulatory benefit compliance (e.g. annual disclosures, summary plan descriptions, audits, IRS reporting, etc.). Coordinates with the President to develop and administer a competitive compensation structure to facilitate the attraction and retention of qualified staff.
Training and Development
- Establishes an employee training system that addresses organizational training needs including training needs assessment, new employee orientation or onboarding, ongoing training requirements, management development, and regulatory compliance.
- 8-10 years of Human Resource Management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field
- PHR or SPHR preferred
- Non-profit experience a plus
Apply for Director of Human Resources
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly