Medical Billing Specialist - Contract To Hire!
Staffing Partners is searching for a Medical Billing Specialist to join our client's team on a contract to hire basis! The Medical Billing Specialist is responsible for submitting and following up on claims with health insurance companies in order to receive payment for services rendered by a provider. Qualified candidates will have two years of experience with billing in a medical company.
- Collaborating with staff from other departments to solve billing issues.
- Using data to produce and submit claims to insurance companies.
- Working directly with the insurance company, healthcare providers, and the patient to get a claim processed and paid.
- Reviewing, resubmitting and appealing unpaid and denied claims.
- Handling collections on unpaid accounts.
- Establishing payment plans, and collecting customer payments in accordance with due dates.
- Posting payments to client accounts in databases.
- Preparing and maintaining various reports.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience in medical billing.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Experience with QuickBooks, Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Must be able to multi-task.