Entry Level Help Desk/IT - Great Company - Bloomington, MN
The IT Help Desk Support role helps maintain and monitor end-user workstations and productivity on the company's local area network. This role will handle maintenance, software installation, end-user support and training tasks to ensure end-user workstations and network performance meet company and user requirements. Provides support to staff on all company-supported applications. Troubleshoots computer problems, determines source and advises on appropriate action. Completes application project-based work. Performs responsibilities in accordance with all company standards, policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Investigates user and customer problems and identifies their source; determines possible solutions; tests and implements solutions.
- Performs and/or oversees software and application installation and upgrades.
- Maintains site software licenses for department/organization.
- Plans and implements network security, including file permissions, file system integrity, and adding and deleting users.
- Troubleshoots networks, systems and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
- Develops and conducts various training and instruction for system users on operating systems and other applications; assists users in maximizing use of applications and computing systems.
- Maintains confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the end-users on the network.
- Manages asset control of all internal IT related office equipment (computers, phones, printers, etc.) to include purchasing and distribution of equipment and redistribution of existing assets.
- Assists personnel of other departments as a computer resource.
- Provides computer orientation to new and existing company staff.
Associate’s Degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent applicable work experience.
- 1-3 years IT/Help Desk/Technical Support experience.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
Must successfully pass 7 year Criminal Background check